duanjing7651 2014-05-23 16:46 采纳率: 0%
浏览 59
已采纳

preg_replace vs DOMDocument replaceChild

I was wondering which method mentioned in the title is more efficient to replace content in a html page.

I have this custom tag in my page: <includes module='footer'/> which will be replaced with some content.

Now there are some downsides with using DOMDocument->getElementsByTagName('includes')->item(0)->parentNode->replaceChild for instance when i forgot to add the slash in the tag, like so <includes module='footer'> the whole site crashes.

Regex allows exceptions like these, as long it matches the rule. It would even allow me to replace any string, like {includes:footer}.

Now back to my actual question. Are there any downsides using regex for this purpose, like performance issues...?

More here: Append child/element in head using XML Manipulation

cheers

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongshuobei1037 2014-05-23 17:42
    关注

I wouldn't be too worried about performance here, I would consider them "comparable". Benchmarks would need to be ran to truly determine this, as it would depend on the size of the document and how the regular expression is written.

Instead, I would be concerned about accuracy. In general DOMDocument will be much better at parsing XML since it was built to read and understand the language. However, it does fail on <includes module='footer'> because it is an un-closed tag (expecting: </includes>).

Most common HTML/XML formatting issues can be fixed with PHP's Tidy class. I would check this out, since you should receive much more "expected results" compared to if you used regex to parse. If you used a regular expression, there could technically be attributes before/after the module, elements within the includes element, unexpected characters like <includes module='foo>bar'>, etc.

In the end, if your XML is in a "controlled" environment (i.e. you know what can and can't happen, you know what possible characters module will contain, you know that it will always be a self closing element containing now children, etc.) than by all means use a regular expression. Just know it is looking for a very specific set of rules. However, if you expect for this to work with "anything you throw at it"..please use a DOM parser (after Tidy'ing to avoid the exceptions), regardless of performance (although I bet it will be very comparable in many instances).

Also, final note, if you plan to find/replace/manipulate many nodes in a document, you will see a large performance increase by going with a DOM parser. A DOM parser will take a document and parse it, once. Then you just traverse the data it already has loaded into its class. This is compared to using regular expressions, where each individual one will be ran across the whole document looking for a set of matches.

If you want me to get more specific in any area (i.e. give a Tidy example, or work on a benchmark), let me know.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 seatunnel-web使用SQL组件时候后台报错,无法找到表格
  • ¥15 fpga自动售货机数码管(相关搜索:数字时钟)
  • ¥15 用前端向数据库插入数据,通过debug发现数据能走到后端,但是放行之后就会提示错误
  • ¥15 python天天向上类似问题,但没有清零
  • ¥30 3天&7天&&15天&销量如何统计同一行
  • ¥30 帮我写一段可以读取LD2450数据并计算距离的Arduino代码
  • ¥15 C#调用python代码(python带有库)