douqiu1604 2017-04-12 19:14
浏览 169
已采纳

如何避免在循环内调用子数据的数据库查询

I've been struggling with trying to figure out what is the best, most efficient way to handle displaying child data. In my specific case I'm using PHP and MySQL, but I feel that this is more of a "generally in any language" sort of deal.

My two thoughts are (for this example I'll be listing invoices and their line items)

1. Joining the child data (invoice items) to the main data (invoices) as to only have a single query My problem with this is that, say I have 500 line items on an invoice (probably not realistic, but things happen), then I would have sent 500 times the overall invoice data from the MySQL server to my PHP script and that just sounds ridiculous since I only need it the once time.

2. And the second option would be to, while looping through the invoices and displaying the overall invoice data, select the invoices's line items. And this, of course, is now contacting the database 500 more times.

Are there any other options for dealing with this data that makes logical sense (with the given schema)? I'm almost 100% sure there are, since I can't believe that I'm the first person to think about this issue, but I think I'm just having difficulty finding the right way to search for more information on this topic.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongxiao1591 2017-04-12 19:39
    关注

Joining the child data (invoice items) to the main data (invoices) as to only have a single query

That's the conventional way of handling this requirement. It does, indeed, handle redundant data, and there is some overhead.

But.

1. that's the reason it's possible to specify a compressed connection to a RDBMS from a client ... compression mitigates the network overhead of the redundant data.
    2. the redundant data in a single result set costs much less than the repeated queries.

Most folks just retrieve the redundant data in this kind of application. Program products like Crystal Reports do this.

If it just won't work for you, you retrieve and save one result set for your master records ... maybe something like this.

SELECT master_id, name, address, whatever
         FROM master m
        WHERE m.whatever = whatever
        ORDER BY whatever

Then, put those into an associative array by master_id.

Then, retrieve the detail records.

SELECT d.master_id, d.detail_id, d.item, d.unit, d.quantity
        FROM detail d
        JOIN master m ON d.master_id = m.master_id
       WHERE m.whatever = whatever
       ORDER BY d.master_id, d.detail_id, whatever

You'll get a result set with all your relevant detail records (invoice items) tagged with the master_id value. You can them match them up in your php program to the master records. You're basically doing the join in your application code.

If all that sounds like too much of a pain in the neck... just go for the redundant data and get your project done. You can always optimize later if you must.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 蓝桥oj3931,请问我错在哪里
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看
  • ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?
  • ¥15 加热介质是液体,换热器壳侧导热系数和总的导热系数怎么算
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染