drcmue4619 2014-06-29 22:28
浏览 17
已采纳

PHP和MySQL到Android的翻译

We have built an electronic ticketing system using plain PHP and MySQL. After learning this system needs to be accessed on portable Android devices we hired an app developer to build us a simple app.

What is interesting is the app (from screenshots) functions almost identical to the web system we created. The app developer said after it's completed it will not rely on our system but communicate directly with the database. In the future if we update our PHP system he said we can update the app.

I'm just now learning how to develop Android apps. From what the app developer is saying it appears he's simply translating (compiling?) our code into an app. Is this possible? I'm aware there's a new method in building Android apps with PHP, but I seriously doubt he's doing that. Am I missing something, or did we just waste funds when we could have done something ourselves?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanjue2560 2014-06-29 22:38
    关注

It isn't possible to run a PHP application on an Android device, no. However it could be running a lightweight browser inside an app, which accesses your website. Try making a small modification to your live site and then access the site again from your mobile device, to see if it changes.

The app developer said after it's completed it will not rely on our system but communicate directly with the database.

You don't want to communicate directly with the database - that sounds like it would require MySQL to be left open to the internet. That's not ideal from a security perspective (I don't know if Android has the drivers for it anyway). Instead, you should run an AJAX web front end and send commands (but not SQL commands) to the database that way, cleaning/untainting the input data thoroughly. Indeed, maybe that is what he is referring to?

or did we just waste funds when we could have done something ourselves?

It's difficult to answer that. If you discover something useful as a result of employing him, perhaps it was worthwhile? Of course, this illustrates that it is important to know the technical environment thoroughly when hiring someone, and perhaps when you hire someone in the future you'll discuss their technical solution prior to implementation. If you decide to pull out at that stage, pay them for the R&D and the technical spec, and do it yourself.

In any case, why wonder about it? As part of completing this item of work, ask for technical details of his implementation on both the mobile and server side. And of course don't forget to ask for the source code - hopefully it was written into the contract that you own this intellectual property.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 ML307A在使用AT命令连接EMQX平台的MQTT时被拒绝
  • ¥20 腾讯企业邮箱邮件可以恢复么
  • ¥15 有人知道怎么将自己的迁移策略布到edgecloudsim上使用吗?
  • ¥15 错误 LNK2001 无法解析的外部符号
  • ¥50 安装pyaudiokits失败
  • ¥15 计组这些题应该咋做呀
  • ¥60 更换迈创SOL6M4AE卡的时候,驱动要重新装才能使用,怎么解决?
  • ¥15 让node服务器有自动加载文件的功能