dongliyi967823 2014-03-13 09:28
浏览 49

如何在使用/到期后处理重置密码请求

I'm building a reset password function on my site, and it is working pretty good. But I am a little uncertain at some points.

Right now I have a table like this:

password_change_request:

ID    |     user_id       |       token       |      created_time

In the user_id-field the users username will be stored. In the token -field, the genereted and encrypted token will be stored. And finally in the created_time, the timestamp for the request time will be stored.

Make the request:

When users enteres their email in the Forgot Password form, the system will look up in the users-table to check if the user exist. If the user do exist, it will find the users username.

It will also generate a token by encrypting the users email along with a random SALT.

Then it will send a link with the username and token to the entered email-address, like this: http://yoursite.com/login.php?action=reset&token=28130dh29sd129809sda802e&user=yourusername

The token will be extra encrypted when it is stored in the database.

Reset password:

When the user has clicked on the link, in the email, it will lead the user to a site that will check if there exist any request in the password_change_request-table, with the given username and encrypted token.

If it does, it will check if the request is over 2 hours old by calculating the difference between the created_time in the database and the current time.

If it is not over 2 hours old, two fields will appear, where the user can enter a new password, and then reenter it for security reasons.

When the user has entered a new password and then hit on the "Reset" button, a new SALT for the user will be generated and the new password, encrypted with the salt, will be updated in the users-table.

When the new password has been updated and if the request is over 2 hours old, the request will be deleted in from the password_change_request-table.

Is this a good way to do it? It has been inspired by WordPress and other answers on this site.

But one thing I could find was what would happen to the request when it has been used/expired?

Should it just be deleted permanently from the database? I cannot seem to find another way to do so. Without this feature, the user could just be reusing the link, again and again.

So beside if it is a good way or not, the main question is how to handle the requests after they have been used or expired?

Or should I just put the token in a column of the users-table, like WordPress do, and then just clear the field, when request has been used/expired?

Hope someone can help me :)

• TheYaXxE
  • 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• doujiaohuo1096 2014-03-13 10:04
    关注

It is better to rather include the time in the hash. Then you can extract the time difference when the user come in through the link with the hash. You can also clear the hash field after use. In that way, you will be able to specifically inform the user if the link has expired, or invalid, or if no pending request has been made at all.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 access多表提取相同字段数据并合并
  • ¥20 基于MSP430f5529的MPU6050驱动,求出欧拉角
  • ¥20 Java-Oj-桌布的计算
  • ¥15 powerbuilder中的datawindow数据整合到新的DataWindow
  • ¥20 有人知道这种图怎么画吗?
  • ¥15 pyqt6如何引用qrc文件加载里面的的资源
  • ¥15 安卓JNI项目使用lua上的问题
  • ¥20 RL+GNN解决人员排班问题时梯度消失
  • ¥60 要数控稳压电源测试数据