donglin317704291 2016-01-29 02:54
浏览 23
已采纳

PHP + SQL成绩簿更新多行

So I've been racking my brains and searching the web for the past couple of days trying to figure this one out: I want to update multiple rows in SQL. The problem is that this database won't update. I know it's not a good idea to be putting SQL queries into loops, but this is the only way I've been able to get the data from the table.

Here is the code:

if(isset($_POST['save'])){
    $update_query = "UPDATE grades SET grade_value = '{$_POST['grade']}' WHERE user_id = 1";
    $result = mysqli_query($link, $update_query);
    while($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)){
        foreach($row as $grade){
            mysqli_query($link, $update_query);
            }
         }
     }

function editGrades() { 
global $link;
$query = "SELECT * FROM grades WHERE user_id = 1";
$result = mysqli_query($link, $query);

if(!$result){
    die('Query failed' . mysqli_error());
}
while($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)) {
                    $gradeValue = $row['grade_value'];
                    $gradeValue = is_array($gradeValue) ? $gradeValue : array($gradeValue);
                    foreach($gradeValue as $val){

?>
                    <td name='grade'><form name="grade" method="post"><input value='<?php if (isset($val)){echo sprintf("%0.2f",$val);} ?>' type='text' class='form-control' name='grade'></td>
              <?php      }

}

}

<table class="table gradebook">

<tr><th>Student</th><?php displayAssignments(); ?></tr>
                <tr><?php displayStudents();?><?php editGrades(); ?></tr>

</table>

<div id="btncontainer">
            <br />
        <input type="submit" method="post" name="save" action="gradebook.php" class="btn btn-success">Save Changes</button>
        </div>

My best guess as to why mysqli_query isn't updating is because there are multiple $_POST['grade'] values being submitted and SQL doesn't know what to do with them. I've checked the the form and input names and all of those check out fine.

(I know user_id shouldn't be in the grades table, but I'm just trying to get this working and will optimize SQL queries later).

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dtmjl4427 2016-01-29 07:17
    关注

Updating isn't working for the reason you pointed yourself: there are multiple 'grade' fields resulting in an array type of $_POST['grade'], but there are a few more things to be pointed here.

1. <td name='grade'><form name="grade" method="post"><input ... type='text' name='grade'></td> You've set the same name attribute on 3 elements here. Even though this is not a real issue and is probably not causing any problems, the name attributes are usually assigned to fields inside of a html form. <td> should not have a name attribute. The form's name should probably be different from the text input name if you choose to have one. However <form>'s name attribute is deprecated since HTML4 according to Mozilla Foundation:

The name of the form. In HTML 4,its use is deprecated (id should be used instead). It must be unique among the forms in a document and not just an empty string in HTML 5.

1. I'm going to guess that your grades are actually of different subjects, so you probably need a 'subject_type' column in your 'grades' table that should be assigned with foreign id's from a separate 'subjects' table to correctly utilize the relational database. And there are different ways to implement this on the front end. One way is that you can set the name attributes of the text fields to the different subject names instead of just 'grade'.

2. While you can do batch insert statements in SQL, there's not an equivalent syntax for update. So after submitting the form to a PHP script,you should do a loop to update multiple rows. When reading the select query result, however, you can use mysqli_fetch_all($result) to avoid executing queries in a loop.

I remember also getting confused quite a bit when I first started learning PHP since it can have HTML mixed in it. And the beginning books would have all the codes in one script. The other day on SO, I saw a post where the person was assigning PHP session variables to JavaScript... It is important to keep in mind in the beginning that PHP, MySQL, HTML, JavaScript are all separate languages and each has its own syntax. PHP MySQLi library simply passes the queries in string representation to MySQL, so it needs to obey the MySQL rules :)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Oracle中如何从clob类型截取特定字符串后面的字符
  • ¥15 想通过pywinauto自动电机应用程序按钮,但是找不到应用程序按钮信息
  • ¥15 MATLAB中streamslice问题
  • ¥15 如何在炒股软件中,爬到我想看的日k线
  • ¥15 51单片机中C语言怎么做到下面类似的功能的函数(相关搜索:c语言)
  • ¥15 seatunnel 怎么配置Elasticsearch
  • ¥15 PSCAD安装问题 ERROR: Visual Studio 2013, 2015, 2017 or 2019 is not found in the system.
  • ¥15 (标签-MATLAB|关键词-多址)
  • ¥15 关于#MATLAB#的问题,如何解决?(相关搜索:信噪比,系统容量)
  • ¥500 52810做蓝牙接受端