doushi4864 2013-02-28 07:57 采纳率: 100%
浏览 34
已采纳

API使用,在本地存储或每次都提出请求?

I was wondering if somebody could give me some advice. At the moment we are building a application that uses a lot of API's, such as Flickr, Facebook, Salesforge, Picasa, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. Now I was wondering what would eb the best idea to tackle the problem of data usage. First of all, requesting all that data eats away at your data capacities. Also the application should eb able to handle 1000's of users at the same time so using all those requests might get us flagged as DDOS attackers :P So my solution would be to store everything locally in MySQL, and update critical data every hour and other data once a day. How would you guys tackle this problem? One other problem is images, we will be using 1000000's of pictures. Would you guys recommend hosting those locally and updating them every so often, or just store links and send those to users? One final problem I am having, is how does MySQL perform with 1000's of users making hundreds of request every second, from complex tables. For example if a user loads a album, the database has to spit out 100 photos. Imagine that being done for 100 of users at the same time. Is mysql able to handle that all?

Thanks in advance, Sam

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanmu1736 2013-02-28 08:08
    关注

Most (if not all) public API's have something called ETag. This is a fingerprint of the data and you can make conditional GET requests to the API like:

"Give me the image with id 6123765 if the Etag differs from E33SDF33D234DMD!" This is done with the If-None-Match HTTP header.

If-None-Match:W/"98F96B877E576EA4E5A278D41217959117663007"

The API will then reply either with the image or it will give you a HTTP 302 (It is in your cache). If the server give you the image your cached one was outdated and the server will also give you the new Etag in the Etag HTTP response header:

ETag:W/"A4D860491DE0E51EA05F46143A41CC58F7270142"

In your cache you store the image ID, the image data and the Etag. Then when you request the image from the API with the ETag and if the server replies with 302 you can deliver the image you have cached. If the server give you an image and a 200 reply, you update your cache with the new image and the Etag the server gave you for the image. And transfer the image to the caller.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 ELGamal和paillier计算效率谁快?
  • ¥15 file converter 转换格式失败 报错 Error marking filters as finished,如何解决?
  • ¥15 ubuntu系统下挂载磁盘上执行./提示权限不够
  • ¥15 Arcgis相交分析无法绘制一个或多个图形
  • ¥15 关于#r语言#的问题:差异分析前数据准备,报错Error in data[, sampleName1] : subscript out of bounds请问怎么解决呀以下是全部代码:
  • ¥15 seatunnel-web使用SQL组件时候后台报错,无法找到表格
  • ¥15 fpga自动售货机数码管(相关搜索:数字时钟)
  • ¥15 用前端向数据库插入数据,通过debug发现数据能走到后端,但是放行之后就会提示错误
  • ¥30 3天&7天&&15天&销量如何统计同一行
  • ¥30 帮我写一段可以读取LD2450数据并计算距离的Arduino代码