dongtao4890 2012-04-23 19:50
浏览 21
已采纳

服务器端或客户端用于获取推文?

I run this website for my dad which pulls tweets from his twitter feed and displays them in an alternative format. Currently, the tweets are pulled using javascript so entirely client-side. Is the most efficient way of doing things? The website has next to no hit rate but I'm just interested in what would be the best way to scale it. Any advice would be great. I'm also thinking of including articles in the stream at some point. What would be the best way to implement that?

• 写回答

6条回答 默认 最新

• dousao6313 2012-04-23 19:56
    关注

Twitter API requests are rate limited to 150 an hour. If your page is requested more than that, you will get an error from the Twitter API (an HTTP 400 error). Therefore, it is probably a better idea to request the tweets on the server and cache the response for a certain period of time. You could request the latest tweets up to 150 times an hour, and any time your page is requested it receives the cached tweets from your server side script, rather than calling the API directly.

From the Twitter docs:

Unauthenticated calls are permitted 150 requests per hour. Unauthenticated calls are measured against the public facing IP of the server or device making the request.

I recently did some work integrating with the Twitter API in exactly the same way you have. We ended up hitting the rate limit very quickly, even just while testing the app. That app does now cache tweets at the server, and updates the cache a few times every hour.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(5条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥30 这是哪个作者做的宝宝起名网站
  • ¥60 版本过低apk如何修改可以兼容新的安卓系统
  • ¥25 由IPR导致的DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE蓝屏
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题