dsyct08008 2012-02-22 17:25
浏览 71

分布式视频编码 - Gearman vs Beanstalkd

Im looking to build a distributed video encoding cluster of a few dozen machines. Ive never worked with a messaging queue before, but the 2 that I started playing around with were Gearman and Beanstalkd.

Beanstalk seems to be a lot simpler and easier to use than Gearman, but its not as feature rich as.

One thing I don't understand is... how do you spawn new workers on all the servers? I plan to use php. Is it as simple as running worker.php in CLI with "&" and just have it sit there waiting for work?

I noticed gearman doesn't actually kill the process after a job is done, but Beanstalk does, so I have to restart the script after every job, on every server.

Currently Im more inclined to use Beanstalk, the general flow of things I planned was:

Run a minutely cron on each server that checks if there are pre-defined amount of workers running. If its less than supposed to be, spawn new worker processes. Each process will take roughly 2-30 minutes.

Maybe I have a flaw in my logic here? Let me know what would be a "better" or "proper" way of doing this?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanbanfei2875 2012-03-05 22:35
    关注

Terminology I will use just to try and be clear... There is the concept of a producer and a consumer. The producer generates jobs that are put on a queue (i.e. the beanstalk service) that is then read by a consumer.

There are multiple ways to write a consumer. You can either every x time frame via a cron job run the task or just have a consumer running in a while 1 loop via php (or what have you).

Where to install the service is really dependent on what you are going after. For me I normally install the service either on a consumer(s) or on its separate box (with sometimes the latter being overkill depending on your needs).

If you want durability on the queue side then you should use Beanstalk's binlog parameter (-b ). If something happens to your beanstalk service this will allow you to restart with minimal loss of data in the queues (if not no information). Durability on the producer side can come from having multiple queues to try against.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 基于卷积神经网络的声纹识别
  • ¥15 Python中的request,如何使用ssr节点,通过代理requests网页。本人在泰国,需要用大陆ip才能玩网页游戏,合法合规。
  • ¥100 为什么这个恒流源电路不能恒流?
  • ¥15 有偿求跨组件数据流路径图
  • ¥15 写一个方法checkPerson,入参实体类Person,出参布尔值
  • ¥15 我想咨询一下路面纹理三维点云数据处理的一些问题,上传的坐标文件里是怎么对无序点进行编号的,以及xy坐标在处理的时候是进行整体模型分片处理的吗
  • ¥15 CSAPPattacklab
  • ¥15 一直显示正在等待HID—ISP
  • ¥15 Python turtle 画图