dongmuzhan4705 2016-12-25 02:55
浏览 24
已采纳

在没有问题的情况下禁用WordPress和插件更新是否安全? [关闭]

I've disabled all auto WordPress updates on my website because I like it that way, knowing that I won't make any setting changes later. So my question is, will it stay functional like that forever?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• drelgkxl93433 2016-12-25 04:01
    关注

If you are on shared hosting (ie. some one else is maintaining your server) no it will not necessarily stay functional forever. Wordpress is designed to support certain php version (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). If you fail to update WordPress and your hosting provider updates PHP to a version higher then your site may stop functioning, same with the back-end database.

If you are in total control of your server, then hypothetically yes it will work forever. However there are downsides with this, the biggest being security updates. Hackers routinely scan for sites with outdated Wordpress versions to exploit known weaknesses. This is particularly bad for Wordpress because of the sheer number of people that use it means there are lots of easy victims.Not only that but each plug-in, or other software on the server may have security holes that can get exploited.

With all that in mind it is highly recommended to perform automatic updates, but turning them off shouldn't break anything, it just leaves you open to hostile attackers. If you haven't already, install a plugin like All In One WP Security (https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall/) which can notify you of people trying to guess your admin password, my tiny blog with almost no visitors routinely received a dozen or more attempts to hijack each week until I started doing extra security like renaming the admin page and blacklisting repeated attempts to log in.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么
  • ¥15 banner广告展示设置多少时间不怎么会消耗用户价值
  • ¥16 mybatis的代理对象无法通过@Autowired装填
  • ¥15 可见光定位matlab仿真
  • ¥15 arduino 四自由度机械臂
  • ¥15 wordpress 产品图片 GIF 没法显示
  • ¥15 求三国群英传pl国战时间的修改方法
  • ¥15 matlab代码代写,需写出详细代码,代价私
  • ¥15 ROS系统搭建请教(跨境电商用途)
  • ¥15 AIC3204的示例代码有吗,想用AIC3204测量血氧,找不到相关的代码。