dongxiequ3724 2012-04-14 20:57
浏览 35
已采纳

用于存储和检索通知数据的阵列设计

I want to store and retrieve user notification data for community site. The notifications should be generated when someone comments on a user's post or when someone follows's a user. I want this behaviour to replicate Facebook notifications. So it should look like this:

User A, User B and 3 other started following you.
User A, User Z and 2 others commented on your post Super Duper.

If I create a generic array for holding the notifications then it would look like this:

$notification = array ($notification_id, notification_time, $read_status, $notification_recipient_id, $notification_initiator_id, $post_id=NULL, $comment_id=NULL); // This array represents a single notification

$notifications = array ($notification, ...); // This array is made up of many single notification array.

So, if I were to retrieve the data from $notifications array (the one containing all individual notification array), I would use a for loop and echo the results after sorting the array based on time. This would give me something like this as the result:

User A started following you.
User B started following you.
User C started following you.
User D started following you.
User E started following you.
User A commented on your post Super Duper.
User B commented on your post Super Duper.
User C commented on your post Super Duper.
User D commented on your post Super Duper.

So, if you look at the result I intend to achieve and the one that I would get out of the array design I currently have, both differ. I may be able to achieve the desired result by doing N number of operations that may involve flattening, recursive for loops, sorting, etc to the $notifications array. But, I think I could reduce the overhead by re-designing how the data is stored in the array so that when data needs to be retrieved I can perform least number of operations. Also, since read status needs to be taken into account while displaying data, it would even so more become complicated to achieve my desired result. I request for suggestions on designing the array structure and examples on how I could retrieve the data from the array to achieve the result I intend to.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongyu6276 2012-04-14 21:03
    关注

You could do the folowing:

• select the notifications of type 'following', where read_status = 'not_read', LIMIT 2
    • count the notifications of type 'following'
    • select the notifications of type 'comment', where read_status = 'not_read', LIMIT 2
    • count the notifications of type 'comment'

Whenever someone reads a notification, you set it to 'read'.

Whenever someone comments or follows something, you create a notification for all the related persons. Those persons are for example all the persons involved in a discussion, or just the person being replied to. Same thing for a comment.

This way, you are able to format and display this message without manipulating too much data. (You can probably pack those requests for more efficiency, but you get the idea)

User A, User B and 3 other started following you.
    User A, User Z and 2 others commented on your post Super Duper.

I would say that changing your data structure for a problem like this is overkill. With this approach, you would be constantly redefining your data model, which will soon become a nightmare. The data model should reflect the big constraints of your application, not 'little" formatting problems like this one.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 汇编语言除法溢出问题
  • ¥50 C++实现删除N个数据列表共有的元素
  • ¥15 Visual Studio问题
  • ¥15 state显示变量是字符串形式,但是仍然红色,无法引用,并显示类型不匹配
  • ¥20 求一个html代码,有偿
  • ¥100 关于使用MATLAB中copularnd函数的问题
  • ¥20 在虚拟机的pycharm上
  • ¥15 jupyterthemes 设置完毕后没有效果