dpp42324 2012-12-23 20:20
浏览 19
已采纳

关系数据库MYSQL / PHP

I am building a classified ads website, similar to craigslist.

The site is divided in to several sections; i.e. Forums, For Sale, Services Offered, etc.

Under each Section there are several [categories], i.e.Forums[pets], Forums[Books], For Sale[barter], Services[Barter], etc. (Notice that some categories are only uniquely identified by their section, such as in the case with barter and barter from two sections "For Sale" and "Services".)

Users will post to the categories from post links within each section. Users can upload photos and select certain amenities for their products, if applicable. A forum post will not need an amenity attribute whereas a Vehicle Ad might. Amenities include: auto transmission for vehicle ads, or furnished for housing rentals.

I am trying to figure the best logical setup for the database schema.

Currently I have this type of logical structure for basic input/query:

SECTIONS TABLE- section_id, section
CATEGORIES TABLE- cat-id, category, section_id(foreign key)
AMENITIES TABLE- amen_id, amenity
PHOTOS TABLE- photos-id, file

POST TABLE- post_id, category, timestamp, description

SECTION_POST TABLE- section_id, post_id
POST_AMENITY TABLE- post_id, amenity_id
POST_PHOTO TABLE- post_id, photo_id

I made the [SECTION_POST] my main many-to-many because the category in the [POST] must be related to the section. I related CATEGORY to SECTION in the categories table, which looks to me like a M-to-M with the addition of category attribute. Is this ok?

Also, do you have any other suggestions as to how i should be thinking on this schema? I think the problem I am having is mostly related to ignorance not lack of organizational skills. Maybe one of you can educate me or refer me to a decent link that tackles my general problem.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• duanke6057 2012-12-23 21:29
    关注

Your design is fairly standard. Here's a couple of comments, and some things to consider:

• For your keys where you have an implied dependent relationship (SECTION_POST for example) many ORM libraries have issues with
      dependent relationships and the resultant concatenated keys. There's also the issue of key allocation. For both of those reasons, many
      people will instead give that table its own independent key (which
      can conveniently be made AUTO_INCREMENT) and move the original PK to foreign keys.

• In terms of SECTION/CATEGORY, only you can say how important of a concept/entity SECTION is, however the obvious questions would be, how is a SECTION in any way different from a CATEGORY. You could have the same structure, with even more flexibility by having only CATEGORY with a self referencing "PARENT_CATEGORY_ID" column. This would allow you to define a tree structure of categories, while at the same time, it's simple to get the top level categories using IS NULL on the PARENT_CATEGORY_ID.

• I'm not clear on how you plan to relate photos to a POST, but it would be nice from a design standpoint to support a M-M relationship so that you can have multiple photos for a single post.

Otherwise, you seem to have a good handle on relational design basics. I do a lot of database design, and prefer to use a commercial erd design tool, but there are some free options like Mysql workbench (assuming you're designing for mysql) that can help you visualize your design, and insure that all the SQL DDL is correct. It's also nice to have documentation for the development phase of your project.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 这个主板怎么能扩出一两个sata口
  • ¥15 不是,这到底错哪儿了😭
  • ¥15 2020长安杯与连接网探
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么
  • ¥15 banner广告展示设置多少时间不怎么会消耗用户价值
  • ¥16 mybatis的代理对象无法通过@Autowired装填
  • ¥15 可见光定位matlab仿真
  • ¥15 arduino 四自由度机械臂
  • ¥15 wordpress 产品图片 GIF 没法显示
  • ¥15 求三国群英传pl国战时间的修改方法