douanrang4728 2012-08-06 19:14
浏览 19
已采纳

网络爬虫如何工作?

Using some basic website scraping, I am trying to prepare a database for price comparison which will ease users' search experiences. Now, I have several questions:

Should I use file_get_contents() or curl to get the contents of the required web page?

$link = "http://xyz.com";
$res55 = curl_init($link);
curl_setopt ($res55, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); 
curl_setopt($res55, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true); 
$result = curl_exec($res55);

Further, every time I crawl a web page, I fetch a lot of links to visit next. This may take a long time (days if you crawl big websites like Ebay). In that case, my PHP code will time-out. What should be the automated way to do this? Is there a way to prevent PHP from timing out by making changes on the server, or is there another solution?

• 写回答

5条回答 默认 最新

• douji6896 2012-08-06 19:23
    关注

So, in that case my PHP code will time-out and it won't continue that long.

Are you doing this in the code that's driving your web page? That is, when someone makes a request, are you crawling right then and there to build the response? If so, then yes there is definitely a better way.

If you have a list of the sites you need to crawl, you can set up a scheduled job (using cron for example) to run a command-line application (not a web page) to crawl the sites. At that point you should parse out the data you're looking for and store it in a database. Your site would then just need to point to that database.

This is an improvement for two reasons:

1. Performance
    2. Code Design

Performance: In a request/response system like a web site, you want to minimize I/O bottlenecks. The response should take as little time as possible. So you want to avoid in-line work wherever possible. By offloading this process to something outside the context of the website and using a local database, you turn a series of external service calls (slow) to a single local database call (much faster).

Code Design: Separation of concerns. This setup modularizes your code a little bit more. You have one module which is in charge of fetching the data and another which is in charge of displaying the data. Neither of them should ever need to know or care about how the other accomplishes its tasks. So if you ever need to replace one (such as finding a better scraping method) you won't also need to change the other.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(4条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 有数据,怎么建立模型求影响全要素生产率的因素
  • ¥50 有数据,怎么用matlab求全要素生产率
  • ¥15 TI的insta-spin例程
  • ¥15 完成下列问题完成下列问题
  • ¥15 C#算法问题, 不知道怎么处理这个数据的转换
  • ¥15 YoloV5 第三方库的版本对照问题
  • ¥15 请完成下列相关问题!
  • ¥15 drone 推送镜像时候 purge: true 推送完毕后没有删除对应的镜像,手动拷贝到服务器执行结果正确在样才能让指令自动执行成功删除对应镜像,如何解决?
  • ¥15 求daily translation(DT)偏差订正方法的代码
  • ¥15 js调用html页面需要隐藏某个按钮