doudang4568 2010-02-14 22:36
浏览 30
已采纳

1330316 AJAX请求可以崩溃我的服务器吗?

I'm building a small PHP/Javascript app which will do some processing for all cities in all US states. This rounds up to a total of (52 x 25583) = 1330316 or less items that will need to be processed.

The processing of each item will take about 2-3 seconds, so its possible that the user could have to stare at this page for 1-2 hours (or at least keep it minimized while he did other stuff).

In order to give the user the maximum feedback, I was thinking of controlling the processing of the page via javascript, basically something like this:

var current = 1;
var max = userItems.length; // 1330316 or less

process();

function process()
{
  if (current >= max)
  {
     alert('done');
     return;
  }

$.post("http://example.com/process", {id: current}, function()
     {
        $("#current").html(current);
        current ++;
        process();
     }
  );
}

In the html i will have the following status message which will be updated whenever the process() function is called:

<div id="progress">
   Please wait while items are processed.
   <span id="current">0</span> / <span id="max">1330316</span> items have been processed.
</div>

Hopefully you can all see how I want this to work.

My only concern is that, if those 1330316 requests are made simultaneously to the server, is there a possibility that this crashes/brings down the server? If so, if I put in an extra wait of 2 seconds per request using sleep(3); in the server-side PHP code, will that make things better?

Or is there a different mechanism for showing the user the rapid feedback such as polling which doesn't require me to mess with apache or the server?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dousu5608 2010-02-14 22:42
    关注

If you can place a cronjob in the server, I believe it'd work much better. What about using a cronjob to do the actual processing and use Javascript to update periodically the status (say, every 10 seconds)?

Then, the first step would be to trigger some flag that the cronjob PHP will check. If it's active, then the task must be performed (you could use some temporary file to tell the script which records must be processsed).

The cronjob would do the task and then, when its iteration is complete, turn off the flag.

This way, the user can even close your application and check it back later, and the server will handle all the processing, uninterrupted by client activity.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Matlab问题解答有两个问题
  • ¥50 Oracle Kubernetes服务器集群主节点无法访问,工作节点可以访问
  • ¥15 LCD12864中文显示
  • ¥15 在使用CH341SER.EXE时不小心把所有驱动文件删除了怎么解决
  • ¥15 gsoap生成onvif框架
  • ¥15 有关sql server business intellige安装,包括SSDT、SSMS。
  • ¥15 stm32的can接口不能收发数据