doucandiao9180 2017-08-02 15:12 采纳率: 100%
浏览 693

laravel游标和laravel chunk方法有什么区别?

I would like to know what is the difference between laravel chunk and laravel cursor method. Which method is more suitable to use? What will be the use cases for both of them? I know that you should use cursor to save memory but how it actually works in the backend?

A detailed explanation with example would be useful because I have searched on stackoverflow and other sites but I didn't found much information.

Here is the code snippet's from the laravel documentation.

Chunking Results

Flight::chunk(200, function ($flights) {
    foreach ($flights as $flight) {
        //
    }
});

Using Cursors

foreach (Flight::where('foo', 'bar')->cursor() as $flight) {
    //
}
  • 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• duanji7182 2017-08-02 15:59
    关注

Indeed This question might attract some opinionated answer, however the simple answer is here in Laravel Docs

Just for reference:

This is chunk:

enter image description here

This is Cursor:

Chunk retrieves the records from the database, and load it into memory while setting a cursor on the last record retrieved so there is no clash.

So the advantage here is if you want to reformat the large record before they are sent out, or you want to perform an operation on an nth number of records per time then this is useful. An example is if you are building a view out/excel sheet, so you can take the record in counts till they are done so that all of them are not loaded into the memory at once and thereby hitting the memory limit.

Cursor uses PHP Generators, you can check the php generators page however here is an interesting caption:

While I cannot guarantee that I understand fully the concept of Cursor, but for Chunk, chunk runs the query at every record size, retrieving it, and passing it into the closure for further works on the records.

Hope this is useful.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码