duanchi0883649 2010-07-28 09:57
浏览 37
已采纳

如何管理此CodeIgniter / PHP + Subversion工作流程?

Sorry if this is a really easy question or something. As you can tell, I'm a complete novice to Subversion (but hey, we all have to start somewhere, right?).

So I've setup Subversion using Beanstalk + Coda for my webapp, which up until now I've just been managing locally and manually. So I've got it set up successfully and in my local folder, alongside my CodeIgniter installation, I can see the branch/trunk/commit folders.

Now I've been told that you should save all your working files in the trunk folder. However, I still want to test the site locally with my MAMP installation. Does that mean I need to copy my entire site into the trunk folder, change MAMP's root URL to mysitefolder/trunk and run it from there - thus saving any changes automatically to trunk?

Because that way, when I need to push changes to the FTP server - live changes for the actual webapp the users will use - I'll need to manually move/copy the files out of trunk and into the root, then FTP them up.

That strikes me as a bit of an illogical workflow. Am I going about this incorrectly, or is that really what you'd have to practically do?

Thanks !

Jack

P.S. I noticed whilst tagging this question that 'subversion' isn't an available tag. Why's that?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongsu7049 2010-07-28 11:15
    关注

Generally speaking the svn server would be set-up on your remote server and you wouldn't need to use FTP at all. You would create the repository on the server, do a local checkout of the files to your local root directory. Once they are there you can work on them locally until you are happy with them, at which point you would commit them to the remote server. Then on your server you would probably have a cron job or other service that will copy the files from your branch directory of your repository, to the actual document root folder of your site, this would run at say midnight every day, to ensure the site gets updated daily.

If you didn't want to go this whole hog, or don't have the ability to install an SVN server on your remote server then the local alternative would be to use the same process with regards to checkout and commit, but then using SVN export to get a copy of the files (sans the .svn folders) to upload via FTP when you are ready to push the changes live.

At least that's my understanding of the work flow. Hope it helps.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 echarts动画效果失效的问题。官网下载的例子。
  • ¥60 许可证msc licensing软件报错显示已有相同版本软件,但是下一步显示无法读取日志目录。
  • ¥15 Attention is all you need 的代码运行
  • ¥15 一个服务器已经有一个系统了如果用usb再装一个系统,原来的系统会被覆盖掉吗
  • ¥15 使用esm_msa1_t12_100M_UR50S蛋白质语言模型进行零样本预测时,终端显示出了sequence handled的进度条,但是并不出结果就自动终止回到命令提示行了是怎么回事:
  • ¥15 前置放大电路与功率放大电路相连放大倍数出现问题
  • ¥30 关于<main>标签页面跳转的问题
  • ¥80 部署运行web自动化项目
  • ¥15 腾讯云如何建立同一个项目中物模型之间的联系
  • ¥30 VMware 云桌面水印如何添加