dt56449492 2012-09-02 14:56
浏览 88
已采纳

在单个函数中使用Insert和Update

I was wondering if someone would be able to shed some light on how I may overcome this problem.

I'm trying to add and update information on a database, so when a user first enters completes the questionnaire its fine and it works, However when they go back to update the questionnaire it throws an error, "Please go back and try again".

I have updated the PHP code with the recommendations given to me so far.

Thank You.

PHP code:

function updatePartCTQ_part1($questionAns, $memberid) {

//First Insert MemberID
$ctqmemberinsert = "INSERT INTO ctq_questionnaire (user_id) VALUES ('$memberid')";
$addresult = mysqli_query($ctqmemberinsert);

if ($addresult) {

$update = "UPDATE ctq_questionnaire SET Item1= '{$questionAns[0]}', Item2 = '{$questionAns[1]}' WHERE user_id = '$memberid'";

mysqli_query($conn, $update);

} else {
    echo 'Please go back and try again';
}
}

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Finished Code

Thanks to Michael and the rest of the guys I was able to get the code working, so I thought I'd post an update, if anyone else gets stuck they'd be able to have a glance at the working version of the code:

function updatePartCTQ_part1($questionAns, $memberid) {

//Check whether user exists
$exists = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ct1_questionnaire WHERE user_id = '$memberid'");

if (mysql_num_rows($exists) === 0) {
    // Doesn't exist. INSERT User into Table

$ctqmemberinsert = "INSERT INTO ctq_questionnaire (user_id) VALUES ('$memberid')";
    mysqli_query($ctqmemberinsert);
} 
    // UDPATE after INSERT

$update = "UPDATE ctq_questionnaire SET Item1= '{$questionAns[0]}', Item2 = '{$questionAns[1]}, Item3 = '{$questionAns[2]}',  
    Item4 = '{$questionAns[3]}',Item5 = '{$questionAns[4]}', Item6 = '{$questionAns[5]}', Item7 = '{$questionAns[6]}', 
    Item8 = '{$questionAns[7]}', Item9 = '{$questionAns[8]}', Item10 = '{$questionAns[9]}', Item11 = '{$questionAns[10]}', 
    Item12 = '{$questionAns[11]}', Item13 = '{$questionAns[12]}', Item14 = '{$questionAns[13]}', Item15 = '{$questionAns[14]}'
    WHERE user_id = '$memberid'";

mysql_query($update);
}
  • 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanpai6581 2012-09-02 15:03
    关注

Your UPDATE syntax is incorrect. You must not repeat the SET keyword:

$update = "UPDATE ctq_questionnaire SET Item1= '{$questionAns[0]}', Item2 = '{$questionAns[1]}' WHERE user_id = '$memberid'";
    //-------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^ no SET here        

For readability it is recommended to enclose the array values in {}, although your way should work.

Note that your try/catch isn't going to be of much use since mysql_query() does not throw an exception. Instead it will just return FALSE on error. Instead, store it in a variable and test for TRUE/FALSE as you did with the INSERT.

// We assume these values have already been validated and escaped with mysql_real_escape_string()...
    $upd_result = mysql_query($update);
    if ($upd_result) {
      // ok
    }
    else {
      // error.
    }

Finally, and I suspect you've heard this before, the old mysql_*() functions are scheduled for deprecation. Consider moving to an API which supports prepared statements, like MySQLi or PDO.

Update

Assuming you have a unique index or PK on ctq_questionnaire.user_id on subsequent calls, the first query will error and your second won't be run. The simplest fix is to use INSERT IGNORE, which will treat key violations as successful.

$ctqmemberinsert = "INSERT IGNORE INTO ctq_questionnaire (user_id) VALUES ('$memberid')";

A more complicated solution is to first test if the username exists in the table with a SELECT, and if not, do the INSERT.

$exists_q = mysql_query("SELECT 1 FROM ct1_questionnaire WHERE user_id = '$memberid'");
    if (mysql_num_rows($exists_q) === 0) {
      // Doesn't exist. Do the INSERT query
    }
    // proceed to the UDPATE after INSERTing if necessary

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 在不同的执行界面调用同一个页面
  • ¥20 基于51单片机的数字频率计
  • ¥50 M3T长焦相机如何标定以及正射影像拼接问题
  • ¥15 keepalived的虚拟VIP地址 ping -s 发包测试,只能通过1472字节以下的数据包(相关搜索:静态路由)
  • ¥20 关于#stm32#的问题:STM32串口发送问题,偶校验(even),发送5A 41 FB 20.烧录程序后发现串口助手读到的是5A 41 7B A0
  • ¥15 C++map释放不掉
  • ¥15 Mabatis查询数据
  • ¥15 想知道lingo目标函数中求和公式上标是变量情况如何求解
  • ¥15 关于E22-400T22S的LORA模块的通信问题
  • ¥15 求用二阶有源低通滤波将3khz方波转为正弦波的电路