dongxing2302 2016-04-26 06:43
浏览 177
已采纳

如何正确使用sync.Cond?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to correctly use sync.Cond. From what I can tell, a race condition exists between locking the Locker and invoking the condition's Wait method. This example adds an artificial delay between the two lines in the main goroutine to simulate the race condition:

package main

import (
    "sync"
    "time"
)

func main() {
    m := sync.Mutex{}
    c := sync.NewCond(&m)
    go func() {
        time.Sleep(1 * time.Second)
        c.Broadcast()
    }()
    m.Lock()
    time.Sleep(2 * time.Second)
    c.Wait()
}

[Run on the Go Playground]

This causes an immediate panic:

fatal error: all goroutines are asleep - deadlock!

goroutine 1 [semacquire]:
sync.runtime_Syncsemacquire(0x10330208, 0x1)
    /usr/local/go/src/runtime/sema.go:241 +0x2e0
sync.(*Cond).Wait(0x10330200, 0x0)
    /usr/local/go/src/sync/cond.go:63 +0xe0
main.main()
    /tmp/sandbox301865429/main.go:17 +0x1a0

What am I doing wrong? How do I avoid this apparent race condition? Is there a better synchronization construct I should be using?

Edit: I realize I should have better explained the problem I'm trying to solve here. I have a long-running goroutine that downloads a large file and a number of other goroutines that need access to the HTTP headers when they are available. This problem is harder than it sounds.

I can't use channels since only one goroutine would then receive the value. And some of the other goroutines would be trying to retrieve the headers long after they are already available.

The downloader goroutine could simply store the HTTP headers in a variable and use a mutex to safeguard access to them. However, this doesn't provide a way for the other goroutines to "wait" for them to become available.

I had thought that both a sync.Mutex and sync.Cond together could accomplish this goal but it appears that this is not possible.

• 写回答

7条回答 默认 最新

• dongyou1926 2016-05-06 04:37
    关注

I finally discovered a way to do this and it doesn't involve sync.Cond at all - just the mutex.

type Task struct {
        m       sync.Mutex
        headers http.Header
    }

func NewTask() *Task {
        t := &Task{}
        t.m.Lock()
        go func() {
            defer t.m.Unlock()
            // ...do stuff...
        }()
        return t
    }

func (t *Task) WaitFor() http.Header {
        t.m.Lock()
        defer t.m.Unlock()
        return t.headers
    }

How does this work?

The mutex is locked at the beginning of the task, ensuring that anything calling WaitFor() will block. Once the headers are available and the mutex unlocked by the goroutine, each call to WaitFor() will execute one at a time. All future calls (even after the goroutine ends) will have no problem locking the mutex, since it will always be left unlocked.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(6条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 运动想象脑电信号数据集.vhdr
  • ¥15 三因素重复测量数据R语句编写,不存在交互作用
  • ¥15 微信会员卡等级和折扣规则
  • ¥15 微信公众平台自制会员卡可以通过收款码收款码收款进行自动积分吗
  • ¥15 随身WiFi网络灯亮但是没有网络,如何解决?
  • ¥15 gdf格式的脑电数据如何处理matlab
  • ¥20 重新写的代码替换了之后运行hbuliderx就这样了