douqipi9704 2012-10-09 07:57
浏览 33
已采纳

语言许可证

I have asked a similar question before but this time I want to focus on go language. I have been reading the wiki page of go language and realized there is a license segment in the summary which says BSD style + Patent grant. I'm aware that there is also a gcc frontend for go which I'm guessing have something like GPL license although there was no mention of it in the wiki page, which made me wonder:

Is the mentioned BSD license intended for:

• the compiler
  • and/or the language
  • and/or the standard libraries

if there are such distinctions at all?

A practical answer would be welcome (i.e. how can I license a source or binary?) as well as a contrast to the old languages (C, C++, Java) if any..

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• doushang7209 2012-10-09 08:40
    关注

Most parts of Go are licensed under a three-clause BSD style license and patent grant. This includes the gc compilers, standard libraries, and other related tools. There are two notable exceptions I'm aware of:

The language specification and other website documentation are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Scroll to the very bottom of any page on golang.org to see. (I suppose this means that some source code comments are licensed the same way, which seems a little strange.)

gccgo's frontend is uses the same BSD style license as the rest of Go, however because it must be linked with the rest of gcc, it's effectively GPLv3. (Note that, contrary to janneb's claims, gccgo does not share any code with the other compiler. It does share some runtime code.)

There are ongoing efforts to separate out the parts of the gccgo frontend that depend on gcc so that it could be used as a frontend for other Go compilers, such as maybe an LLVM-based compiler. Such a compiler could be released completely under the BSD style license.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 Todesk 远程写代码 anaconda jupyter python3
  • ¥15 我的R语言提示去除连锁不平衡时clump_data报错,图片以下所示,卡了好几天了,苦恼不知道如何解决,有人帮我看看怎么解决吗?
  • ¥15 在获取boss直聘的聊天的时候只能获取到前40条聊天数据
  • ¥20 关于URL获取的参数,无法执行二选一查询
  • ¥15 液位控制,当液位超过高限时常开触点59闭合,直到液位低于低限时,断开
  • ¥15 marlin编译错误,如何解决?
  • ¥15 有偿四位数,节约算法和扫描算法
  • ¥15 VUE项目怎么运行,系统打不开
  • ¥50 pointpillars等目标检测算法怎么融合注意力机制
  • ¥20 Vs code Mac系统 PHP Debug调试环境配置