type Person struct {
    name string
    age  int
}

If I make an object of that struct

person1 := Person{name: "Name", age: 69}

If I set this object to nil

person1 = nil

it doesn't work, in fact it's a type assignment error, but it works for maps and slices. So, how otherwise would I remove the object i.e deallocate? I looked at the documentation for delete builtin but it removes an entry from a given map. Thanks.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dtz8044 2017-02-06 11:48
    关注

Go is a garbage collected language. You are not supposed to, and you cannot delete objects from memory. It is the garbage collector's duty and responsibility to do so, and it does this automatically. The garbage collector will properly remove objects from memory when they become unreachable.

You can assign nil to maps and slices because nil is a valid value (the zero value) for those types. The zero value for struct types is not nil but a struct value where all its fields have their zero values.

If you want to clear or overwrite the struct value, you may simply assign another struct value to it, preferably the zero value (an empty struct):

person1 := Person{name: "Name", age: 69}
    // work with person1

// Clear person1:
    person1 = Person{}

But know that this will not free memory allocated by person1; as wrote earlier, it will be freed automatically by the GC when it becomes unreachable.

nil is also a valid value (the zero value) for pointer types, so if person1 would be a pointer to Person (that is, *Person), you could also assign nil to it, e.g.:

person1 := &Person{name: "Name", age: 69}
    // work with person1

// Clear person1:
    person1 = nil

When clearing a pointer by setting it to nil, the pointed object –again– will be taken care of by the GC.

For more details about how the garbage collector works, see Golang - Cannot free memory once occupied by bytes.Buffer.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么
  • ¥15 banner广告展示设置多少时间不怎么会消耗用户价值
  • ¥16 mybatis的代理对象无法通过@Autowired装填
  • ¥15 可见光定位matlab仿真
  • ¥15 arduino 四自由度机械臂
  • ¥15 wordpress 产品图片 GIF 没法显示
  • ¥15 求三国群英传pl国战时间的修改方法
  • ¥15 matlab代码代写,需写出详细代码,代价私
  • ¥15 ROS系统搭建请教(跨境电商用途)
  • ¥15 AIC3204的示例代码有吗,想用AIC3204测量血氧,找不到相关的代码。