douduanque5850 2011-04-14 03:05
浏览 67
已采纳

在ANSI C中实现无溢出系统堆栈

I was just reading about how Google Go makes each thread with a reduced stack size by default, and then links to new stacks if an overflow would occur ( see page 16 in here ). I was wondering the best way to do that in C.

I have to say I am no C expert, so there might be a better way to detect a Stack Overflow on C, but giving my ignorance, here's how I thought I would implement it:

The first thing I thought is that every time we have a fresh new stack, we get a stack variable's address, and with that we have roughly the starting stack address. Then we would need to be able to retrieve how much stack space the thread has. This would be possible if the thread isn't the main thread, but I have no idea how we would get this info on C.

Then we would need to check (per function call, it could be) how much of the stack is already used, by retrieving current stack variable address. If we detect a possible stack overflow, we would need to have some way to create a new stack and link to the last one. The only way I thought it could be done in C would be to create a new thread to execute the function we want, and lock the current thread until the function returns its result.

So, would there be a cleaner/better way to implement this?

Thanks!

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• duanbei1598 2011-04-14 03:12
    关注

See GCC's split-stack capability. I believe this was originally implemented to support Go. It pretty much works as you suggest.

EDIT: The commentary below discusses another system that does heap-allocation of activation records.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 smptlib使用465端口发送邮件失败
  • ¥200 总是报错,能帮助用python实现程序实现高斯正反算吗?有偿
  • ¥15 对于squad数据集的基于bert模型的微调
  • ¥15 为什么我运行这个网络会出现以下报错?CRNN神经网络
  • ¥20 steam下载游戏占用内存
  • ¥15 CST保存项目时失败
  • ¥15 树莓派5怎么用camera module 3啊