dqxuiq7772 2016-04-04 15:59
浏览 246
已采纳

如何在Docker Compose中运行一次命令

So I'm working on a docker compose file to deploy my Go web server. My server uses mongo, so I added a data volume container and the mongo service in docker compose. Then I wrote a Dockerfile in order to build my Go project, and finally run it.

However, there is another step that must be done. Once my project has been compiled, I have to run the following command: ./my-project -setup

This will add some necessary information to the database, and the information only needs to be added once. I can't however add this step on the Dockerfile (in the build process) because mongo must already be started.

So, how can I achieve this? Even if I restart the server and then run again docker-compose up I don't want this command to be executed again.

I think I'm missing some Docker understanding, because I don't actually understand everything about data volume containers (are they just stopped containers that mount a volume?). Also, if I restart the server, and then run docker-compose up, which commands will be run? Will it just start the same container that was now stopped with the given CMD?

In any case, here is my docker-compose.yml:

version: '2'
services:
  mongodata:
    image: mongo:latest
    volumes:
      - /data/db
    command: --break-mongo
  mongo:
    volumes_from:
      - mongodata
    ports:
      - "28001:27017"
    command: --smallfiles --rest --auth
  my_project:
    build: .
    ports:
      - "6060:8080"
    depends_on:
      - mongo
      - mongodata
    links:
      - mongo

And here is my Dockerfile to build my project image:

FROM golang

ADD . /go/src/my_project
RUN cd /go/src/my_project && go get
RUN go install my_project
RUN my_project -setup
ENTRYPOINT /go/bin/my_project

EXPOSE 8080
  • 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dqq9695 2016-04-05 04:22
    关注

I suggest to add an entrypoint-script to your container; in this entrypoint-script, you can check if the database has been initialized, and if it isn't, perform the required steps.

As you noticed in your question, the order in which services / containers are started should not be taken for granted, so it's possible your application container is started before the database container, so the script should take that into account.

As an example, have a look at the official WordPress image, which performs a one-time initialization of the database in it's entrypoint-script. The script attempts to connect to the database (and retries if the database cannot be contacted (yet)), and checks if initialization is needed; https://github.com/docker-library/wordpress/blob/df190dc9c5752fd09317d836bd2bdcd09ee379a5/apache/docker-entrypoint.sh#L146-L171

NOTE

I notice you created a "data-only container" to attach your volume to. Since docker 1.9, docker has volume management, including naming volumes. Because of this, you no longer need to use "data-only" containers.

You can remove the data-only container from your compose file, and change your mongo service to look something like this;

mongo:
        volumes:
          - mongodata:/data/db
        ports:
          - "28001:27017"
        command: --smallfiles --rest --auth

This should create a new volume, named mongodata if it doesn't exist, or re-use the existing volume with that name. You can list all volumes using docker volume ls and remove a volume with docker volume rm <some-volume> if you no longer need it

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥65 永磁型步进电机PID算法
  • ¥15 sqlite 附加(attach database)加密数据库时,返回26是什么原因呢?
  • ¥88 找成都本地经验丰富懂小程序开发的技术大咖
  • ¥15 如何处理复杂数据表格的除法运算
  • ¥15 如何用stc8h1k08的片子做485数据透传的功能?(关键词-串口)
  • ¥15 有兄弟姐妹会用word插图功能制作类似citespace的图片吗?
  • ¥200 uniapp长期运行卡死问题解决
  • ¥15 latex怎么处理论文引理引用参考文献
  • ¥15 请教:如何用postman调用本地虚拟机区块链接上的合约?
  • ¥15 为什么使用javacv转封装rtsp为rtmp时出现如下问题:[h264 @ 000000004faf7500]no frame?