doubeng3216 2013-07-11 23:48
浏览 146
已采纳

在Go中实例化类型的首选方法

I like the fact that Go doesn't give me a million ways to do simple things – to borrow from The Zen of Python, “There should be one – and preferably only one – obvious way to do it.”

However, I'm not clear on the preferred/idiomatic way of instantiating types. The basic types are easy:

n := 0
t := 1.5
str := "Hello"

But what about structs? Are the following equivalent, and if so, which is preferred and why?

var f Foo    
f := Foo{}

What about slices? I can do var xs []int, xs := []int{}, or xs := make([]int), but I think the first option (as opposed to with structs) is different from the others? I assume this will also apply to maps.

With pointers, I hear that new should be avoided. Is this good advice, and if so, what would count as a valid usage of new?

I realize that this may partly be a question of style, but a rationale for preferring a particular style would be helpful in any case.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dpzzkfb1244 2013-07-12 19:03
    关注

When you declare a variable, where T is some type:

var name T

Go gives you a piece of uninitialized "zeroed" memory.

With primitives, this means that var name int would be 0, and var name string would be "". In C it might be zeroed, or might be something unexpected. Go guarantees an uninitialized variable is the type's zero equivalent.

Internally slices, maps, and channels are treated as pointers. Pointers zero value is nil, meaning it points to nil memory. Without initializing it, you can encounter a panic if you try to operate on it.

The make function is specifically designed for a slice, map, or channel. The make function's arguments are:

make(T type, length int[, capacity int]) // For slices.
    make(T[, capacity int]) // For a map.
    make(T[, bufferSize int]) // For a channel. How many items can you take without blocking?

A slices length is how many items it starts with. The capacity is the allocated memory before a resize is needed (internally, new size * 2, then copy). For more information see Effective Go: Allocation with make.

Structs: new(T) is equivalent to &T{}, not T{}. *new(T) is equivalent to *&T{}.

Slices: make([]T,0) is equivalent to []T{}.

Maps: make(map[T]T) is equivalent to map[T]T{}.

As far as which method is preferred, I ask myself the following question:

Do I know the value(s) right now inside the function?

If the answer is "yes", then I go with one of the above T{...}. If the answer is "no", then I use make or new.

For example, I would avoid something like this:

type Name struct {
        FirstName string
        LastName string
    }

func main() {
        name := &Name{FirstName:"John"}
        // other code...
        name.LastName = "Doe"
    }

Instead I would do something like this:

func main() {
        name := new(Name)
        name.FirstName = "John"
        // other code...
        name.LastName = "Doe"
    }

Why? Because by using new(Name) I make it clear that I intend to fill the values later. If I used &Name{...} it wouldn't be clear that I intended to add/change a value later in the same function without reading the rest of the code.

The exception is with structs when you don't want a pointer. I'll use T{}, but I won't put anything in it if I plan to add/change the values. Of course *new(T) also works, but that's like using *&T{}. T{} is cleaner in that case, although I tend to use pointers with structs to avoid making a copy when passing it around.

Another thing to keep in mind, a []*struct is smaller and cheaper to resize than []struct, assuming the struct is much larger than a pointer, which is typically 4 - 8 bytes (8 bytes on 64bit?).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 关于#java#的问题:找一份能快速看完mooc视频的代码
  • ¥15 这种微信登录授权 谁可以做啊
  • ¥15 请问我该如何添加自己的数据去运行蚁群算法代码
  • ¥20 用HslCommunication 连接欧姆龙 plc有时会连接失败。报异常为“未知错误”
  • ¥15 网络设备配置与管理这个该怎么弄
  • ¥20 机器学习能否像多层线性模型一样处理嵌套数据
  • ¥20 西门子S7-Graph,S7-300,梯形图