doutuoshou8915 2011-10-22 08:22
浏览 40
已采纳

如果gc是可选的,该怎么办? [关闭]

Would such a language be feasible or are there specific features in go that absolutely require some form of a gc?

note: I am not anti-gc, but coming from a C/C++ background and working on a real-time server application, I prefer to maintain some level of control how and when memory is reaped (can't have a 10s garbage-collection happening in the middle of a live run).

Are my concerns realistic, given my requirements? Or is the go gc so good that my concerns are unfounded?

Go's gc is my only reservation about attempting a port of my C++ real-time server to go.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongwen1909 2011-10-22 09:43
    关注

Go with optional GC would require language changes. Here's a perfectly valid Go function that will make a C programmer's skin crawl:

func foo() *int {
        a := 1
        return &a
    }

This is fine because the Go compiler will figure out that the variable a needs to be allocated on the heap. It will be garbage collected later and you don't have to care. (Well, ok, in some situations you might. But most of the time you don't.)

You can concoct all kinds of scenarios where the compiler will do things like this. It just wouldn't be the same without a garbage collector.

There are things you can do to help GC times, but to a certain extent you'll be nullifying the advantages of the language. I hesitate to recommend these practices, but are options:

• Free lists
    • With the unsafe package you can even write your own allocator and manually free memory, but you'd need a function for every type you want to allocate. Or use reflection to pass in the type you want to allocate, return an empty interface, and use type assertions to get concrete values out.

The bottom line is, Go probably isn't a good choice for applications with hard real-time requirements. That said, I also don't think you'll see anything approaching a 10 second garbage collection. Consider what your requirements really are and if you have any doubts, do some measurements.

Try the latest Go code if you can. There are some garbage collector improvements and some compiler optimizations that cause fewer allocations. If your release time frame is shorter, though, you may be stuck with the current stable release for several months.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 拟通过pc下指令到安卓系统,如果追求响应速度,尽可能无延迟,是不是用安卓模拟器会优于实体的安卓手机?如果是,可以快多少毫秒?
  • ¥20 神经网络Sequential name=sequential, built=False
  • ¥16 Qphython 用xlrd读取excel报错
  • ¥15 单片机学习顺序问题!!
  • ¥15 ikuai客户端多拨vpn,重启总是有个别重拨不上
  • ¥20 关于#anlogic#sdram#的问题,如何解决?(关键词-performance)
  • ¥15 相敏解调 matlab
  • ¥15 求lingo代码和思路
  • ¥15 公交车和无人机协同运输
  • ¥15 stm32代码移植没反应