v["foo"] = "bar"
}

func main() {
    v := make(map[string]string)
    test(v)
    fmt.Printf("%v
", v) // prints map[foo:bar]
}

I'm pretty new to Go, but as far as I was aware, since I'm passing the map value to test() and not a pointer to the map, the test() function should modify a different variable of the map, and thus, not affect the value of the variable in main(). I would have expected it to print map[]. I tested a different scenario:

type myStruct struct {
    foo int
}

func test2(v myStruct) {
    v.foo = 5
}

func main() {
    v := myStruct{1}
    test2(v)
    fmt.Printf("%v
", v) // prints {1}
}

In this scenario, the code behaves as I would expect. The v variable in the main() function is not affected by the changes to the variable in test2(). So why is map different?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dou5454954610 2016-09-21 00:08
    关注

You are right in that when you pass something to a function, a copy will be made. But maps are some kind of descriptors to an underlying data structure. So when you pass a map value to a function, only the descriptor will be copied which will denote / point to the same data structures where the map data (entries) are stored.

This means if the function does any modification to the entries of the map (add, delete, modify entries), that is observed from the caller.

Read The Go Blog: Go maps in action for details.

Note that the same applies to slices and channels too; generally speaking the types that you can create using the built-in make() function. That's why the zero value of these types is nil, because a value of these types need some extra initialization which is done when calling make().

In your other example you are using a struct value, they are not descriptors. When you pass a struct value to another function, that creates a complete copy of the struct value (copying values of all its fields), which –when modified inside the function– will not have any effect on the original, as the memory of the copy will be modified – which is distinct.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 CATIA有些零件打开直接单机确定终止
  • ¥15 请问有会的吗,用MATLAB做
  • ¥15 phython如何实现以下功能?查找同一用户名的消费金额合并—
  • ¥15 ARIMA模型时间序列预测用pathon解决
  • ¥15 孟德尔随机化怎样画共定位分析图
  • ¥18 模拟电路问题解答有偿速度
  • ¥15 CST仿真别人的模型结果仿真结果S参数完全不对
  • ¥15 误删注册表文件致win10无法开启