douzhuang1900 2019-01-07 10:44
浏览 135
已采纳

Golang中的取消模式

Here is a quote from 50 Shades Of Go: Traps, Gotchas and Common mistakes:

You can also use a special cancellation channel to interrupt the workers.

func First(query string, replicas ...Search) Result {  
    c := make(chan Result)
    done := make(chan struct{})
    defer close(done)
    searchReplica := func(i int) { 
        select {
        case c <- replicas[i](query):
        case <- done:
        }
    }
    for i := range replicas {
        go searchReplica(i)
    }

return <-c
}

As far as understand, it means that we use channel done to interrupt the workers ahead of time without waiting for full execution (in our case execution of replicas[i](query). Therefore, we can receive a result from the fastest worker ("First Wins Pattern") and then cancel the work in all other workers and save the resources.

On the other hand, according to the specification:

For all the cases in the statement, the channel operands of receive operations and the channel and right-hand-side expressions of send statements are evaluated exactly once, in source order, upon entering the "select" statement.

As far as I understand, it means we cannot interrupt the workers, as in any case, all workers will evaluate function replicas[i]query and only then select case <- done and finish their execution.

Could you please point out at the mistake in my reasoning?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douchen2595 2019-01-07 10:59
    关注

Your reasoning is correct, the wording on the site is not completely clear. What this "construct" achieves is that the goroutines will not be left hanging forever, but once the searches finish, the goroutines will end properly. Nothing more is happening there.

In general, you can't interrupt any goroutine from the outside, the goroutine itself has to support some kind of termination (e.g. shutdown channel, context.Context etc.). See cancel a blocking operation in Go.

So yes, in the example you posted, all searches will be launched, concurrently, result of the fastest one will be returned as it arrives, the rest of the goroutines will continue to run as long as their search is finished.

What happens to the rest? The rest will be discarded (case <- done will be chosen, as an unbuffered channel cannot hold any elements, and there will be no one else receiving more from the channel).

You can verify this in this Go Playground example.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号
  • ¥15 基于单片机的靶位控制系统
  • ¥15 AT89C51控制8位八段数码管显示时钟。
  • ¥15 真我手机蓝牙传输进度消息被关闭了,怎么打开?(关键词-消息通知)
  • ¥15 下图接收小电路,谁知道原理
  • ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本
  • ¥15 手机接入宽带网线,如何释放宽带全部速度