已采纳

将Go汇编程序翻译为NASM

I came across the following Go code:

type Element [12]uint64

//go:noescape
func CSwap(x, y *Element, choice uint8)

//go:noescape
func Add(z, x, y *Element)

where the CSwap and Add functions are basically coming from an assembly, and look like the following:

TEXT ·CSwap(SB), NOSPLIT, $0-17

MOVQ    x+0(FP), REG_P1
    MOVQ    y+8(FP), REG_P2
    MOVB    choice+16(FP), AL   // AL = 0 or 1
    MOVBLZX AL, AX              // AX = 0 or 1
    NEGQ    AX                  // RAX = 0x00..00 or 0xff..ff

MOVQ    (0*8)(REG_P1), BX
    MOVQ    (0*8)(REG_P2), CX
    // Rest removed for brevity

TEXT ·Add(SB), NOSPLIT, $0-24

MOVQ    z+0(FP), REG_P3
    MOVQ    x+8(FP), REG_P1
    MOVQ    y+16(FP), REG_P2

MOVQ    (REG_P1), R8
    MOVQ    (8)(REG_P1), R9
    MOVQ    (16)(REG_P1), R10
    MOVQ    (24)(REG_P1), R11

What I try to do is that translate the assembly to a syntax that is more familiar to me (I think mine is more like NASM), while the above syntax is Go assembler. Regarding the Add method I didn't have much problem, and translated it correctly (according to test results). It looks like this in my case:

.text
.global add_asm
add_asm:
  push   r12
  push   r13
  push   r14
  push   r15

mov    r8, [reg_p1]
  mov    r9, [reg_p1+8]
  mov    r10, [reg_p1+16]
  mov    r11, [reg_p1+24]

But, I have a problem when translating the CSwap function, I have something like this:

.text
.global cswap_asm
cswap_asm:
  push   r12
  push   r13
  push   r14

mov    al, 16
  mov    rax, al
  neg    rax

mov    rbx, [reg_p1+(0*8)]
  mov    rcx, [reg_p2+(0*8)]

But this doesn't seem to be quite correct, as I get error when compiling it. Any ideas how to translate the above CSwap assembly part to something like NASM?

EDIT (SOLUTION):

Okay, after the two answers below, and some testing and digging, I found out that the code uses the following three registers for parameter passing:

#define reg_p1  rdi
#define reg_p2  rsi
#define reg_p3  rdx

Accordingly, rdx has the value of the choice parameter. So, all that I had to do was use this:

movzx  rax, dl // Get the lower 8 bits of rdx (reg_p3)
neg    rax

Using byte [rdx] or byte [reg_3] was giving an error, but using dl seems to work fine for me.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douniewei6346 2017-12-21 22:39
    关注

Basic docs about Go's asm: https://golang.org/doc/asm. It's not totally equivalent to NASM or AT&T syntax: FP is a pseudo-register name for whichever register it decides to use as the frame pointer. (Typically RSP or RBP). Go asm also seems to omit function prologue (and probably epilogue) instructions. As @RossRidge comments, it's a bit more like a internal representation like LLVM IR than truly asm.

Go also has its own object-file format, so I'm not sure you can make Go-compatible object files with NASM.

If you want to call this function from something other than Go, you'll also need to port the code to a different calling convention. Go appears to be using a stack-args calling convention even for x86-64, unlike the normal x86-64 System V ABI or the x86-64 Windows calling convention. (Or maybe those mov function args into REG_P1 and so on instructions disappear when Go builds this source for a register-arg calling convention?)

(This is why you could you had to use movzx eax, dl instead of loading from the stack at all.)

BTW, rewriting this code in C instead of NASM would probably make even more sense if you want to use it with C. Small functions are best inlined and optimized away by the compiler.

It would be a good idea to check your translation, or get a starting point, by assembling with the Go assembler and using a disassembler.

objdump -drwC -Mintel or Agner Fog's objconv disassembler would be good, but they don't understand Go's object-file format. If Go has a tool to extract the actual machine code or get it in an ELF object file, do that.

If not, you could use ndisasm -b 64 (which treats input files as flat binaries, disassembling all the bytes as if they were instructions). You can specify an offset/length if you can find out where the function starts. x86 instructions are variable length, and disassembly will likely be "out of sync" at the start of the function. You might want to add a bunch of single-byte NOP instructions (kind of a NOP sled) for the disassembler, so if it decodes some 0x90 bytes as part of an immediate or disp32 for a long instruction that was really not part of the function, it will be in sync. (But the function prologue will still be messed up).

You might add some "signpost" instructions to your Go asm functions to make it easy to find the right place in the mess of crazy asm from disassembling metadata as instructions. e.g. put a pmuludq xmm0, xmm0 in there somewhere, or some other instruction with a unique mnemonic that you can search for which the Go code doesn't include. Or an instruction with an immediate that will stand out, like addq $0x1234567, SP. (An instruction that will crash so you don't forget to take it out again is good here.)

Or you could use gdb's built-in disassembler: add an instruction that will segfault (like a load from a bogus absolute address (movl 0, AX null-pointer deref), or a register holding a non-pointer value e.g. movl (AX), AX). Then you'll have an instruction-pointer value for the instructions in memory, and can disassemble from some point behind that. (Probably the function start will be 16-byte aligned.)

Specific instructions.

MOVBLZX AL, AX reads AL, so that's definitely an 8-bit operand. The size for AX is given by the L part of the mnemonic, meaning long for 32 bit, like in GAS AT&T syntax. (The gas mnemonic for that form of movzx is movzbl %al, %eax). See What does cltq do in assembly? for a table of cdq / cdqe and the AT&T equivalent, and the AT&T / Intel mnemonic for the equivalent MOVSX instruction.

The NASM instruction you want is movzx eax, al. Using rax as the destination would be a waste of a REX prefix. Using ax as the destination would be a mistake: it wouldn't zero-extend into the full register, and would leave whatever high garbage. Go asm syntax for x86 is very confusing when you're not used to it, because AX can mean AX, EAX, or RAX depending on the operand size.

Obviously mov rax, al isn't a possibility: Like most instructions, mov requires both its operands to be the same size. movzx is one of the rare exceptions.

MOVB choice+16(FP), AL is a byte load into AL, not an immediate move. choice+16 is a an offset from FP. This syntax is basically the same as AT&T addressing modes, with FP as a register and choice as an assemble-time constant.

FP is a pseudo-register name. It's pretty clear that it should simply be loading the low byte of the 3rd arg-passing slot, because choice is the name of a function arg. (In Go asm, choice is just syntactic sugar, or a constant defined as zero.)

Before a call instruction, rsp points at the first stack arg, so that + 16 is the 3rd arg. It appears that FP is that base address (and might actually be rsp+8 or something). After a call (which pushes an 8 byte return address), the 3rd stack arg is at rsp + 24. After more pushes, the offset will be even larger, so adjust as necessary to reach the right location.

If you're porting this function to be called with a standard calling convention, the 3 integer args will be passed in registers, with no stack args. Which 3 registers depends on whether you're building for Windows vs. non-Windows. (See Agner Fog's calling conventions doc: http://agner.org/optimize/)

BTW, a byte load into AL and then movzx eax, al is just dumb. Much more efficient on all modern CPUs to do it in one step with

movzx  eax, byte [rsp + 24]      ; or rbp+32 if you made a stack frame.

I hope the source in the question is from un-optimized Go compiler output? Or the assembler itself makes such optimizations?

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解
  • ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码