douke1942 2016-09-02 23:51
浏览 147
已采纳

yacc shift-reduce用于歧义lambda语法

I'm writing a grammar for a toy language in Yacc (the one packaged with Go) and I have an expected shift-reduce conflict due to the following pseudo-issue. I have to distilled the problem grammar down to the following.

start:
  stmt_list

expr:
  INT | IDENT | lambda | '(' expr ')' { $$ = $2 }

lambda:
  '(' params ')' '{' stmt_list '}'

params:
  expr | params ',' expr

stmt:
  /* empty */ | expr

stmt_list:
  stmt | stmt_list ';' stmt

A lambda function looks something like this:

map((v) { v * 2 }, collection)

My parser emits:

conflicts: 1 shift/reduce

Given the input:

(a)

It correctly parses an expr by the '(' expr ')' rule. However given an input of:

(a) { a }

(Which would be a lambda for the identity function, returning its input). I get:

syntax error: unexpected '{'

This is because when (a) is read, the parser is choosing to reduce it as '(' expr ')', rather than consider it to be '(' params ')'. Given this conflict is a shift-reduce and not a reduce-reduce, I'm assuming this is solvable. I just don't know how to structure the grammar to support this syntax.

EDIT | It's ugly, but I'm considering defining a token so that the lexer can recognize the ')' '{' sequence and send it through as a single token to resolve this.

EDIT 2 | Actually, better still, I'll make lambdas require syntax like ->(a, b) { a * b} in the grammar, but have the lexer emit the -> rather than it being in the actual source code.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• douji5746 2016-09-04 17:32
    关注

Your analysis is indeed correct; although the grammar is not ambiguous, it is impossible for the parser to decide with the input reduced to ( <expr> and with lookahead ) whether or not the expr should be reduced to params before shifting the ) or whether the ) should be shifted as part of a lambda. If the next token were visible, the decision could be made, so the grammar LR(2), which is outside of the competence of go/yacc.

If you were using bison, you could easily solve this problem by requesting a GLR parser, but I don't believe that go/yacc provides that feature.

There is an LR(1) grammar for the language (there is always an LR(1) grammar corresponding to any LR(k) grammar for any value of k) but it is rather annoying to write by hand. The essential idea of the LR(k) to LR(1) transformation is to shift the reduction decisions k-1 tokens forward by accumulating k-1 tokens of context into each production. So in the case that k is 2, each production P: N → α will be replaced with productions TNUTα U for each T in FIRST(α) and each U in FOLLOW(N). [See Note 1] That leads to a considerable blow-up of non-terminals in any non-trivial grammar.

Rather than pursuing that idea, let me propose two much simpler solutions, both of which you seem to be quite close to.

First, in the grammar you present, the issue really is simply the need for a two-token lookahead when the two tokens are <kbd>)</kbd><kbd>{</kbd>. That could easily be detected in the lexer, and leads to a solution which is still hacky but a simpler hack: Return ){ as a single token. You need to deal with intervening whitespace, etc., but it doesn't require retaining any context in the lexer. This has the added bonus that you don't need to define params as a list of exprs; they can just be a list of IDENT (if that's relevant; a comment suggests that it isn't).

The alternative, which I think is a bit cleaner, is to extend the solution you already seem to be proposing: accept a little too much and reject the errors in a semantic action. In this case, you might do something like:

start:
      stmt_list

expr:
        INT
      | IDENT
      | lambda
      | '(' expr_list ')'
            { // If $2 has more than one expr, report error
              $$ = $2
            }

lambda:
      '(' expr_list ')' '{' stmt_list '}'
            { // If anything in expr_list is not a valid param, report error
              $$ = make_lambda($2, $4)
            }

expr_list:
      expr | expr_list ',' expr

stmt:
      /* empty */ | expr

stmt_list:
      stmt | stmt_list ';' stmt

Notes

1. That's only an outline; the complete algorithm includes the mechanism to recover the original parse tree. If k is greater than 2 then T and U are strings the the FIRSTk-1 and FOLLOWk-1 sets.
    本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 对于知识的学以致用的解释
  • ¥50 三种调度算法报错 有实例
  • ¥15 关于#python#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥200 询问:python实现大地主题正反算的程序设计,有偿
  • ¥15 smptlib使用465端口发送邮件失败
  • ¥200 总是报错,能帮助用python实现程序实现高斯正反算吗?有偿
  • ¥15 对于squad数据集的基于bert模型的微调