dosf40815 2014-03-10 02:05 采纳率: 100%
浏览 18
已采纳

编译Java以使其表现像GO代码

Would it be possible to write a Java compiler or Virtual Machine that would let you compile legacy java application that use thread and blocking system call the same way GO program are compiled.

Thus new Thread().run(); would create light weight thread and all blocking system call will instead be asynchronous Operating System call and make the light weight thread yield.

If not, what is the main reason this would be impossible!

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dtmjqyfz21793 2014-03-11 12:04
    关注

James Henstridge has already provided good background on Java green threads, and the efficiency problems introduced by exposing native OS threads to the programmer because their use is expensive.

There have been several university attempts to recover from this situation. Two such are JCSP from Kent and CTJ (albeit probably defunct) from Twente. Both offer easy design of concurrency in the Go style (based on Hoare's CSP). But both suffer from the poor JVM performance of coding in this way because JVM threads are expensive.

If performance is not critical, CSP is a superior way to achieve a concurrent design because it avoids the complexities of asynchronous programming. You can use JCSP in production code - I do.

There were reports that the JCSP team also had an experimental JNI-add-on to the JVM to modify the thread semantics to be much more efficient, but I've never seen that in action.

Fortunately for Go you can "have your cake and eat it". You get CSP-based happen-before simplicity, plus top performance. Yay!

Aside: an interesting Oxford University paper reported on a continuation-passing style modification for concurrent Scala programs that allows CSP to be used on the JVM. I'm hoping for further news on this at the CPA2014 conference in Oxford this August (forgive the plug!).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 软件测试决策法疑问求解答
  • ¥15 win11 23H2删除推荐的项目,支持注册表等
  • ¥15 matlab 用yalmip搭建模型,cplex求解,线性化处理的方法
  • ¥15 qt6.6.3 基于百度云的语音识别 不会改
  • ¥15 关于#目标检测#的问题:大概就是类似后台自动检测某下架商品的库存,在他监测到该商品上架并且可以购买的瞬间点击立即购买下单
  • ¥15 神经网络怎么把隐含层变量融合到损失函数中?
  • ¥15 lingo18勾选global solver求解使用的算法