dqwh1219 2014-09-18 23:18
浏览 25
已采纳

为什么我需要使用新的子例程运行Walk?

I’m writing the Walk function in the go tutorial that basically traverses a tree in-order. What I have works:

package main

import (
    "fmt"
    "code.google.com/p/go-tour/tree"
)

// Walk walks the tree t sending all values
// from the tree to the channel ch.
func Walk__helper(t *tree.Tree, ch chan int) {
    if (t == nil) {
        return
    }

Walk__helper(t.Left, ch)
    ch <- t.Value
    Walk__helper(t.Right, ch)
}

func Walk(t *tree.Tree, ch chan int) {
    Walk__helper(t, ch)
    close(ch)
}

func main() {
    ch := make(chan int)
    go Walk(tree.New(1), ch)
    for v := range ch {
        fmt.Println(v)   
    }
}

Why must I use go Walk(tree.New(1), ch) instead of just Walk(tree.New(1), ch)?

I was under the impression that the go keyword basically spawns a new thread. In that case, we’d run into issues since the for loop might run before the subroutine completes.

Strangely, when I take out the go keyword, I get a deadlock. This is rather counterintuitive to me. What exactly is the go keyword doing here?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• donglong7338 2014-09-18 23:22
    关注

The key point here is range when coupled with a channel.

When you range over a channel (in this case, ch), it will wait for items to be sent on the channel before iterating through the loop. This is a safe, "blocking" action, that will not deadlock while it waits for the channel to receive an item.

The deadlock occurs when not using a goroutine because your channel isn't buffered. If you don't use a goroutine, then the method call is synchronous, Walk puts something on the channel.. and it blocks until that is popped off. It never gets popped off.. because the method call was synchronous.

I was under the impression that the go keyword basically spawns a new thread

..that is incorrect. There are many more important implementation details required to understand what goes on there. You should separate your thought process of a goroutine from a thread.. and just think of a goroutine as a concurrently executing piece of code, without a "thread".

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 软件测试决策法疑问求解答
  • ¥15 win11 23H2删除推荐的项目,支持注册表等
  • ¥15 matlab 用yalmip搭建模型,cplex求解,线性化处理的方法
  • ¥15 qt6.6.3 基于百度云的语音识别 不会改
  • ¥15 关于#目标检测#的问题:大概就是类似后台自动检测某下架商品的库存,在他监测到该商品上架并且可以购买的瞬间点击立即购买下单
  • ¥15 神经网络怎么把隐含层变量融合到损失函数中?
  • ¥15 lingo18勾选global solver求解使用的算法
  • ¥15 全部备份安卓app数据包括密码,可以复制到另一手机上运行