dougu5950 2015-07-03 04:37
浏览 39
已采纳

什么时候可以安全地访问互斥锁保护的变量而无需锁定?

A common pattern of storing config in my code is a "map[string]interface{}" protected by RWMutex, but usually after app initiated (could be triggered in multiple go-routine), the map becomes totally readonly. So I have a feeling that from some point of time on, the RWMutex on read should be unnecessary.

An example of this config map is at http://play.golang.org/p/tkbj9DBok_

One fact that brought me to think of this is in some of production code it actually doing this way of unprotected access of shared object (though it's mostly readonly after it's init'ed), I understand normal way of using RWMutex to protect, but interesting part is this malformed code haven't run into problem in past months.

Is that true that after some accurate "time point" that writes are flushed from cache into memory and with a guarantee of no more writes needed, reads can actually go without RWMutex.RLock? If YES, when is the time point or how to setup the conditions before lockless access?

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dousi4257 2015-07-03 06:22
    关注

As long as no one is modifying the map, it should be safe for multiple threads to read it at once. Unfortunately, without any locking you'll have no way to make sure no one else is reading the map when you want to update it.

So one solution is to never update the map, but instead replace it atomically. The read-copy-update algorithm could be used here. Rather than directly accessing the map, so you need to dereference the pointer to access the map. To update it, you can do the following:

1. acquire an "update lock" mutex.
    2. make a copy of the map. You want to copy all keys/values manually: simple assignment won't work because maps are reference types.
    3. make your changes to the copy of the map.
    4. use StorePointer from the sync/atomic package to atomically update the pointer to the live map to point to your new map.
    5. release the mutex.

Everything that runs before the atomic update in (4) will see the old map, and everything after will see the new map. At no point will those goroutines be reading from a map that is being written to, so there is no need for an RWMutex.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 目详情-五一模拟赛详情页
  • ¥15 有了解d3和topogram.js库的吗?有偿请教
  • ¥100 任意维数的K均值聚类
  • ¥15 stamps做sbas-insar,时序沉降图怎么画
  • ¥15 买了个传感器,根据商家发的代码和步骤使用但是代码报错了不会改,有没有人可以看看
  • ¥15 关于#Java#的问题,如何解决?
  • ¥15 加热介质是液体,换热器壳侧导热系数和总的导热系数怎么算
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line