doxd96148 2016-08-05 04:25
浏览 57
已采纳

跟踪Google App Engine Golang应用程序中的内存泄漏?

I saw this Python question: App Engine Deferred: Tracking Down Memory Leaks

... Similarly, I've run into this dreaded error:

Exceeded soft private memory limit of 128 MB with 128 MB after servicing 384 requests total

After handling this request, the process that handled this request was found to be using too much memory and was terminated. This is likely to cause a new process to be used for the next request to your application. If you see this message frequently, you may have a memory leak in your application.

According to that other question, it could be that the "instance class" is too small to run this application, but before increasing it I want to be sure.

After checking through the application I can't see anything obvious as to where a leak might be (for example, unclosed buffers, etc.) ... and so whatever it is it's got to be a very small but perhaps common mistake.

Because this is running on GAE, I can't really profile it locally very easily as far as I know as that's the runtime environment. Might anyone have a suggestion as to how to proceed and ensure that memory is being recycled properly? — I'm sort of new to Go but I've enjoyed working with it so far.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongli5785 2016-08-05 19:49
    关注

For a starting point, you might be able to try pprof.WriteHeapProfile. It'll write to any Writer, including an http.ResponseWriter, so you can write a view that checks for some auth and gives you a heap profile. An annoying thing about that is that it's really tracking allocations, not what remains allocated after GC. So in a sense it's telling you what's RAM-hungry, but doesn't target leaks specifically.

The standard expvar package can expose some JSON including memstats, which tells you about GCs and the number allocs and frees of particular sizes of allocation (example). If there's a leak you could use allocs-frees to get a sense of whether it's large allocs or small that are growing over time, but that's not very fine-grained.

Finally, there's a function to dump the current state of the heap, but I'm not sure it works in GAE and it seems to be kind of rarely used.

Note that, to keep GC work down, Go processes grow to be about twice as large as their actual live data as part of normal steady-state operation. (The exact % it grows before GC depends on runtime.GOGC, which people sometimes increase to save collector work in exchange for using more memory.) A (very old) thread suggests App Engine processes regulate GC like any other, though they could have tweaked it since 2011. Anyhow, if you're allocating slowly (good for you!) you should expect slow process growth; it's just that usage should drop back down again after each collection cycle.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 永磁型步进电机PID算法
  • ¥15 sqlite 附加(attach database)加密数据库时,返回26是什么原因呢?
  • ¥88 找成都本地经验丰富懂小程序开发的技术大咖
  • ¥15 如何处理复杂数据表格的除法运算
  • ¥15 如何用stc8h1k08的片子做485数据透传的功能?(关键词-串口)
  • ¥15 有兄弟姐妹会用word插图功能制作类似citespace的图片吗?
  • ¥200 uniapp长期运行卡死问题解决
  • ¥15 latex怎么处理论文引理引用参考文献
  • ¥15 请教:如何用postman调用本地虚拟机区块链接上的合约?
  • ¥15 为什么使用javacv转封装rtsp为rtmp时出现如下问题:[h264 @ 000000004faf7500]no frame?