duannuo7878 2012-03-08 11:22
浏览 92
已采纳

将Joomla 1.5网站迁移到新的(现代)主机...... MySQL DB是否向后兼容?

Long story short, here's what i'm going to be trying to do:

There is a Joomla 1.5 website with MySQL (probably the version of MySQL that was around at that time). I need to move it to a newer hosting. I don't want to necessarily upgrade Joomla, I just want to move it over.

Are there any issues with moving Joomla to modern hosting? Is the MySQL DB backwards compatible... if... the newer hosting has a newer version of MySQL?

The reason i'm asking this is because i'm doing it for a friend. He hired an IT guy who's been failing to accomplish this for 2 months now. I was hesitant to help because i'm a Microsoft/IIS/ASP.NET guy... but it looks like i'll be pitching in now. The guy claims that the newer hosting has a new MySQL that doesn't want to work with the older SQL on the website.

Is this a simple task or is this guy really telling the truth?

• 写回答

4条回答 默认 最新

• doujiku1028 2012-03-08 11:57
    关注

Joomla 1.5 was built with PHP4 (i can say since the core code of Joomla 1.5 still used the "&" reference operator which in 1.7 didn't) and PHP4 code is still supported in PHP5. So no problem in the PHP issue.

The databases of Joomla normally come in MyISAM, but one time i converted them to InnoDB and there was no issues. I have read from an article somewhere that Joomla does not mind the differences in the DB since it does it's own table/row locking and it does it's own foreign key relationships (doesn't use the DB's foreign key functions)

also, Joomla has a config file. there, you change just about everything you see in the admin configuration page as well as the values that were set during installation (like FTP settings, database settings).

All you need to do before you move over is to back-up the site, export your database, take note of your destination DB username and password, know where the logs, cache, and/or temp folder for the destination and you are good to go. any other errors, you should see in Joomla.

if i may add, Joomla has an easy migration procedure for those who want to upgrade to the latest and preserve their site. however, if you use plugins and extensions, i suggest you check for updates for those extensions before you upgrade.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(3条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理
  • ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解