duanniesui6391 2016-02-01 18:10
浏览 48
已采纳

如果检索到的数据已被清理,是否需要从MySQL服务器转义输出?

I'm interested to know whether or not it is necessary to escape output from a MySQL server if the data that is being retrieved has already been filtered when the user submitted a form.

Example:
1. The user submits a form with a comment for a blog post.
2. On form submission, prior to sending data to MySQL server, their input is filtered with FILTER_SANITIZE_SPECIAL_CHARS to prevent injection attacks.
3. Once the data has been posted to server, the user is rerouted to another screen where they can view their comment.
4. When retrieving their comment from the server (which has stored the filtered input), is it necessary to escape this output as well?

Here's the main issue for me. I'm taking user input from a form (for a blog post), sanitizing it with FILTER_SANITIZE_SPECIAL_CHARS, and then posting it to the MySQL server. If I retrieve this information from the server and display it in html, there are no issues. HOWEVER, I have been reading that you should ALWAYS escape output from servers as well. So I escaped the same post with htmlspecialchars(). Now, I have the issue that ALL special chars (including parentheses, and any quotes that are used by the user in their post) are coming back in their escaped html format. Not user friendly whatsoever.

What is the best work around for this, or is it even necessary to escape the output if it is coming from the server and has already been sanitized on user input?

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongshi9407 2016-02-01 18:36
    关注

Sanitization is not the same as escaping, and you should make sure not to confuse the two.

Sanitization is removing unwanted input. That is, if the user adds a <script> tag to their input, and you don't want their input to include <script> tags, then removing that <script> tag would be sanitization. Sanitization is not escaping data for an output context.

Escaping is properly encoding data for an output context. For example, to prevent HTML injection, you might call htmlspecialchars() to correctly encode & as &amp;. To prevent SQL injection, you might use mysqli::real_escape_string() to convert ' to \'. (Though it would be highly preferable to use prepared statements / parameterized queries to prevent having to worry about sql injection or escaping at all.)

Importantly, escaping is context-specific. An escaping you use for HTML is not necessarily valid or sufficient for SQL (or vice-versa, or any other output context).

The problem with FILTER_SANITIZE_SPECIAL_CHARS is that that it's poorly named: it's doing both in one step, which is confusing for your database (since your database now has html-encoded data), and confusing for output (because now you have already-escaped data that is vulnerable to being multiply-escaped).

Instead, you should explicitly separate your sanitization and escaping efforts. Only sanitize data on input that you don't want to persist. Only escape data on output, and according to its proper output context.

The reason you want to store raw (pre-output-escaped) data in the database is so that if you ever need to output to a different context (e.g. now you're dong JSON output, or you need to write it to a file, or actually see what the raw data is), you won't need to unescape it first. (If you really have to, you might reasonably store a pre-escaped copy in a separate column, but you should always have your original data available.) It also makes the rule simple: always sanitize input; always escape output.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 RL+GNN解决人员排班问题时梯度消失
  • ¥15 统计大规模图中的完全子图问题
  • ¥15 使用LM2596制作降压电路,一个能运行,一个不能
  • ¥60 要数控稳压电源测试数据
  • ¥15 能帮我写下这个编程吗
  • ¥15 ikuai客户端l2tp协议链接报终止15信号和无法将p.p.p6转换为我的l2tp线路
  • ¥15 phython读取excel表格报错 ^7个 SyntaxError: invalid syntax 语句报错
  • ¥20 @microsoft/fetch-event-source 流式响应问题