douzhanhui5662 2011-11-14 04:43
浏览 15
已采纳

EC2比共享主机慢?

I built an app in php where a feature analyzes about 10000 text files and extracts stuff from them and puts it into a mysql database. The code itself is just a for loop where every file is loaded through file_get_contents() and after the end of that iteration, its unset() from memory. The file analysis is a cron job and a single php file does all this processing.

The problem however is that the app was built (initially) entirely on a shared server everything worked seamlessly really well. I didn't notice any delays or major lags neither did users however in order for it to be able to handle more of a load, I moved everything to an EC2 server (the micro instance).

The problem I am having now is that every time I run the cronjob (process the files on hourly basis) it slows the entire server down so much that a normal page takes about 5-8 seconds to load, which sort of defeats the purpose of moving it to EC2.

The cron itself is a very long process. Here are some tests results of the script process (every hr)

SQL Insertion Time: 23.138303995132 seconds
Memory Used: 10.05 MB
Execution: 411.00507092476 seconds

But on the top of every hour the server slows down so much for 7 minutes despite of having more dedicated hardware acceleration compared to a shared server (I think at least). The graphs from EC2 dashboard show that the CPU usage is close to 100% but I don't understand how it gets to that level.

Can anyone help me determine the reason as to why this could be happening? I have noticed not even the slightest lag when the cron runs on the shared server but the case is completely different for EC2.

Please feel free to ask me anything I missed mentioning.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongyong2063 2011-11-14 04:53
    关注

Micro instances are pretty slow. If you use a larger instance, it'll run a lot faster.

We use EC2 for all of our production boxes. I can't say enough good things about that platform. I'll never go back to another host.

Also, if you want to write your code in C++, it'll run A LOT faster. I wrote a simple mysql insert with this code here. It's multi-threaded, so you can asyncronously run mysql updates or inserts.

Please let me know if you need any help with it, but I'm sure you'll be able to just use a micro instance still and get great speeds.

Hope that helps...

PS. I'd be willing to help you write a C++ version for your uses... just because it's fun! :-)

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥20 RL+GNN解决人员排班问题时梯度消失
  • ¥15 统计大规模图中的完全子图问题
  • ¥15 使用LM2596制作降压电路,一个能运行,一个不能
  • ¥60 要数控稳压电源测试数据
  • ¥15 能帮我写下这个编程吗
  • ¥15 ikuai客户端l2tp协议链接报终止15信号和无法将p.p.p6转换为我的l2tp线路
  • ¥15 phython读取excel表格报错 ^7个 SyntaxError: invalid syntax 语句报错