dsam70528 2018-01-24 21:54
浏览 56
已采纳

在什么情况下WPEngine承诺git?

Short Version What changes (if any) can be made within the /wp-admin that would result in WP Engine committing a change to my project's git history?

Longer Version I'm migrating a Wordpress blog over to WP Engine from Pantheon. We're versioning Wordpress core and have a few plugins stored in our version control as well.

I can install a new plugin to the production environment if I do the following:

1. In my local environment, add the source code to wp-content/plugins
  2. Make a git commit and push it to the production branch (set to git@git.wpengine.com:staging/thenameofmysite.git)

When I do this, the plugin is accessible from production. However, when I go the other way around, I experience unexpected behavior.

From within /wp-admin, I install a new plugin (eg ninjaforms). If I open an SFTP shell into my instance, I can see the plugin files living next to the ones I added via git. Success!

However, when I try to do a git pull origin master or git pull origin staging I don't receive any new files. This is unfortunate because it means that someone could add a plugin that I'm unable to pull down (which makes my local dev environment out of sync with production) or that I need to add SFTP pulls into my git workflow.

The WP Engine documentation (taken from https://wpengine.com/git/#toc_6) suggests that I shouldn't be experiencing this behavior:

WP Engine will continue to manage core updates for you. For those who version and deploy WordPress core with git, we will automatically create a new commit point and push the update back to the current branch of your repository. This will require a git pull/merge to update and sync to your local repository. If you don’t version WP core then you’ll get the upgrades as a part of our existing upgrade process.

Does anyone know when, and under what circumstances, a commit of this kind of commit might be created? The git pull process seems relatively well documented, but I can't seem to find any resources anywhere about the rules governing WP Engine-created pulls, how they handle merge conflicts, etc...

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dsg24156 2018-01-24 22:00
    关注

They only commit and push WordPress updates. Anything else that would trigger a change in the repository is not committed. For example, if you use Advanced Custom Fields and have an acf-json folder inside your theme, and you changed some fields in WPEngine, the .json file will be updated. However, when you push on WPEngine, they will undo any changes that are not WordPress core related, and will pull your changes afterward.

You shouldn't have any conflict as long as you don't play in the WordPress core files because the only changes they push are WordPress updates. If you updated WordPress version on your side, and WPEngine update their WordPress version on their side as well, both files will merge automatically by Git.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 微信会员卡接入微信支付商户号收款
  • ¥15 如何获取烟草零售终端数据
  • ¥15 数学建模招标中位数问题
  • ¥15 phython路径名过长报错 不知道什么问题
  • ¥15 深度学习中模型转换该怎么实现
  • ¥15 HLs设计手写数字识别程序编译通不过
  • ¥15 Stata外部命令安装问题求帮助!
  • ¥15 从键盘随机输入A-H中的一串字符串,用七段数码管方法进行绘制。提交代码及运行截图。