duanbipu7601 2016-10-30 20:57
浏览 36
已采纳

我应该使用Laravel Queues来管理我的应用程序中的线程

I am looking to hit multiple 3rd party APIs to gather information for a user's search query. I am planning to spin off a thread for each API I want to hit to minimize the response time on my end. I also want to limit the amount of threads my application can have running at any one time due to memory/cpu concerns.

Since I am using Laravel as my framework, I was trying to accomplish this using Laravel queues, but it seems that I might have trouble getting the response data from the Job.

• Are laravel queues the correct way to tackle this? If so how do I listen for the job's status and retrieve the data once the job is complete? I see some things that point towards passing a closure to the job, but something just isn't clicking for me.
  • 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dongyi1111 2016-10-31 00:59
    关注

It depends. A job queue and worker pool might be appropriate if there are a really huge number of API calls to make, especially if those API calls can be very slow. But, I'd try to avoid all that architecture unless you're really sure you need it.

To start, I'd look at doing async requests to the external APIs, and try to keep the whole thing in a single process. The Guzzle HTTP client library provides a very programmer-friendly API for doing this kind of asynchronous requests.

If the external requests are really numerous or slow, you might consider using a queue. But in that case, you're looking at implementing a bunch of logic to queue all the jobs, then poll until they're done (giving feedback to your user along the way), and finally return the merged result. That may end up being necessary, but I'd start with the simpler implementation I describe above.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 想问一下树莓派接上显示屏后出现如图所示画面,是什么问题导致的
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化
  • ¥15 Tableau online 嵌入ppt失败
  • ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号