doukong1901 2018-07-05 15:48
浏览 75
已采纳

如何在没有会话/ cookie /登录的情况下[半]验证用户?

(I'm sure I'm not the first person with this issue, but I wasn't able to find much via Google/Stack Overflow. Apologies in advance if it's a duplicate.)

My site can be used as a data source for the program Mp3tag: it accesses a page on my site, scrapes data, and uses it to tag mp3 files. I want "vip" members of my site to have access to higher-resolution artwork.

Unfortunately, Mp3tag acts like a fresh browser each time: there's no cookie/session data, and the program can't display any sort of "sign in" prompt. So my issue is that I need to [semi-]securely authenticate a user without having them sign in.

My plan is to store a simple md5 hash for each vip member, have Mp3tag include the username/hash in the url it uses to access my site, and then have the server authenticate this. (For the record, I'm using PHP/SQL.)

(Note: I don't need this to be super secure. I won't be using the hash for any kind of sign in or access to anything else on the site. The worst case scenario should be that someone manages to guess a vip member's hash, and then has access to high-res artwork―if that's the worst case, I'm ok with that.)

But will this simple hash cause security issues elsewhere? All passwords are hashed/salted, use PHP's password functions, etc., so having a separate md5 hash (that's unrelated to password) shouldn't cause any issues, right?

And secondly, is there a more secure way to do this? I guess I could add some sort of IP address checks, but that's the only other idea I had.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• dpdx51205 2018-07-05 16:14
    关注

But will this simple hash cause security issues elsewhere?

No.

All passwords are hashed/salted, use PHP's password functions, etc., so having a separate md5 hash (that's unrelated to password) shouldn't cause any issues, right?

Right. This is a simple "something you have" authentication. It's basically a key that's relatively easy to copy. Not the strongest mechanism, but you're only protecting an image, so it doesn't have to be. As long as your actual account authentication uses separate credentials, you're not weakening that.

And secondly, is there a more secure way to do this? I guess I could add some sort of IP address checks, but that's the only other idea I had.

IP-based access can be very effective, but tends to be a real pain when your clients move around. It's probably not worth it for this level of protection.

You might use a stronger hash, but that's irrelevant if the page isn't served over HTTPS.

I think your idea is fine, just use random_bytes() as the source, not something predictable like the username. Think of it as just a second password that they don't get to make up.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 想问一下树莓派接上显示屏后出现如图所示画面,是什么问题导致的
  • ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化
  • ¥15 Tableau online 嵌入ppt失败
  • ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号