dongzhi2014 2013-07-20 05:50
浏览 69
已采纳

php REST API auth元数据的良好实践

I'm building a REST api using PHP 5.4 and I'm putting in my own custom auth library. I'm closely following the format that 2-legged OAUTH uses. (ref: http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/designing-a-secure-rest-api-without-oauth-authentication/)

Following this spec I have several pieces of metadata that need to be sent with each request so that I can securely authenticate the user.

1. AppId -> This is to verify who is sending the request. Also to know which secret key to use to generate the HMAC checksum server side.
  2. Timestamp -> This is to deal with replay attacks.
  3. Checksum -> This is a HMAC hash to make sure the request wasn't tampered with.
  4. AccessToken -> Would be used with every request after the initial authentication.

I was just wondering what would be the best practice for sending all this metadata?

I was thinking of creating custom headers and sending this stuff in there. This way I could separate this data from the actual parameters the function needs, but I'm not sure that's the best practice.

Ex: MY-API-APP-ID: 243242, MY-API-TIMESTAMP: 123123123 etc...

Or

Should all these things just be passed as parameters with every request?

What about GET methods, should they just be placed in the query string? (?timestamp=12312312&appId=123123...)

Thanks!

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douci1677 2013-07-20 06:01
    关注

I actually did something exactly like this not too long ago. I wrote my own API authenticator as a Codeigniter library, and just autoloaded it so that it checked every page request coming through.

I decided to send everything in custom headers upon every request:

Auth-Token
    Auth-Device
    Auth-Timestamp
    Auth-Hash

I don't recommend doing these in GET parameters simply because it makes it more cumbersome to work with the URL, and it kinda stops being RESTful at that point.

That said, I'm sure some people would point out that you shouldn't be creating custom request headers, and truthfully I'm sure there is a standard practice for how you ARE supposed to use headers in authentication solutions. But the application and API worked perfectly so I'm happy with my "eh, it works" solution.

But also note that we used SSL which encrypted the headers and prevented any sort of sniffing or man in the middle attack.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 如何在scanpy上做差异基因和通路富集?
  • ¥20 关于#硬件工程#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:期望的系统闭环传递函数为G(s)=wn^2/s^2+2¢wn+wn^2阻尼系数¢=0.707,使系统具有较小的超调量
  • ¥15 FLUENT如何实现在堆积颗粒的上表面加载高斯热源
  • ¥30 截图中的mathematics程序转换成matlab
  • ¥15 动力学代码报错,维度不匹配
  • ¥15 Power query添加列问题
  • ¥50 Kubernetes&Fission&Eleasticsearch
  • ¥15 報錯:Person is not mapped,如何解決?
  • ¥15 c++头文件不能识别CDialog