dongnai3960 2015-02-20 06:36
浏览 26

对于不需要身份验证的Web服务,我是否需要REST?

Im confused regarding the need of REST for a web service.Im a noob when it comes to web service,the scalability etc.

This is my requirement

-Need to fetch some data eg:names of students in a class and their photographs plus their address and stuff

-There is no authenciation/Tokens required since the data is publicly available

My question is

-Do i need to use REST for this? Will MYSQL+PHP Webservice that communicates using HTTP GET and POST do the job?

-If i go with this approach will this affect the performance of the app,when there is bulk data and will it scale?The maximum number of users that may be using the app is just 50 at a time.

-Does REST offer significant advantages,since i dont know JSON and stuff,will it payoff the learning curve?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• douhu7807 2015-02-20 06:43
    关注

You can implement any protocol you want to do that, but using REST ensure you are following a common procedure which will make your application more maintainable.

The amount of resources used depends how do you implement the queries and responses on the server-side.

You should learn that, it will improve your knowledge as you can learn together other patterns (gateway, repository, MVC) to make your server-side professional and maintainable.

My suggestion for your application is implementing the server-side using a framework such as Laravel (I recommend), CakePHP or similar. I say that because your app seems to be just interaction with pre-defined models.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 多电路系统共用电源的串扰问题
  • ¥15 slam rangenet++配置
  • ¥15 有没有研究水声通信方面的帮我改俩matlab代码
  • ¥15 对于相关问题的求解与代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 信号傅里叶变换在matlab上遇到的小问题请求帮助
  • ¥15 保护模式-系统加载-段寄存器
  • ¥15 电脑桌面设定一个区域禁止鼠标操作
  • ¥15 求NPF226060磁芯的详细资料