duanchandun1860 2013-02-12 08:17
浏览 69
已采纳

PHPUnit&Behat; 补充还是替代?

I have been looking around SO and Google, but I couldn't really get a definitive answer.

PHPUnit is a framework for unittesting, like JUnit. I use it, also in combination with the Selenium-extension for functional testing. When browsing around I see Behat/Mink keeps on getting mentioned. But I do not completely understand how Behat fits in here.

With Behat you write scenarios in human-readable format. Behat can then translate that into skeleton classes for a new project? But does it also provide skeleton classes for unittesting? Do you write unittests using Behat, or you would use PHPUnit / SimpleTest for those?

But then Behat/Mink does replace PHPUnit_Selenium-extension for functional testing?

Do you use Behat only for new projects, or can it also be adapted to existing projects?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• douwudie8060 2013-02-12 11:20
    关注

Yes, I would consider Behat to be an alternative to phpUnit, both for general code testing and for functional testing using browser automation.

For general testing, phpUnit is a more well-established product, while Behat is focussed on tests written using "BDD" methodology (Behaviour Driven Design). phpUnit does also have BDD features, but Behat is much more targetted toward that style.

Since we're talking about functional browser tests rather than unit tests, you probably aren't thinking about some of the more powerful unit testing features that they have; you just want to write the browser automation. For this, you really can pick whichever of the two suits you the best.

There are subtle edge-cases where each of them has strengths over the other, but for most cases they're both capable of running test scripts across a variety of browsers.

My preference would go to Behat/Mink, on the grounds that it is more flexible; it can support several browser automation engines, including Selenium and Sahi, which means that if you hit an issue with one, you can switch your tests to the other and carry on. We had this exact situation, trying to get some Mink test scripts to work in Selenium; switching to Sahi made it work, and involved changing just a single line of test code.

It's also worth adding that Mink can be used on its own without Behat, if you don't want to write BDD style tests.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本
  • ¥15 手机接入宽带网线,如何释放宽带全部速度
  • ¥30 关于#r语言#的问题:如何对R语言中mfgarch包中构建的garch-midas模型进行样本内长期波动率预测和样本外长期波动率预测
  • ¥15 ETLCloud 处理json多层级问题
  • ¥15 matlab中使用gurobi时报错
  • ¥15 这个主板怎么能扩出一两个sata口
  • ¥15 不是,这到底错哪儿了😭
  • ¥15 2020长安杯与连接网探
  • ¥15 关于#matlab#的问题:在模糊控制器中选出线路信息,在simulink中根据线路信息生成速度时间目标曲线(初速度为20m/s,15秒后减为0的速度时间图像)我想问线路信息是什么