doukai1226 2011-02-11 05:06
浏览 46
已采纳

针对高度动态社交网站的基于PHP的搜索引擎的建议和偏好?

Okay so I am building this website which has functionality similar to facebook and twitter and it has highly dynamic content.

All the questions etc, and search engines I have seen are that which create index and are therefore better suited with a site with more or less static content.

I need some recommendations and advice on how to use these index based search engines with a highly dynamic website considering new users will be joining every hour, new content generated, and content being edited. It is quite clear that rebuilding an index every time just to keep the search from going stale is rather absurd.

One solution that came close to solving this issue was using MySQL MYISAM FULLTEXT search columns but I really need an alternate to that because the lack of foreign keys leads to data redundancy, plus I need something that can scale as the website grows and be flexible to customized algorithms for ranking etc.

Thanks..

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douxun3496 2011-02-11 16:17
    关注

Sphinx allows partial indexes. So, it'll have a main index and a secondary partial index which can be updated any time. It's also incredibly fast at indexing, so you may find that rebuilding the entire index every, say, 5 minutes is fast enough for you. If it's not, use the partial index option, and kick it off every time a piece of content is added. Sphinx is used by craigslist, so that something to its scale. We've had great luck with it on StartUpHire - it rebuilds our entire index in a couple seconds, then signals the search daemon to use the newly built index.

I'd highly recommend giving it a try before you say it's not a good fit.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 拟通过pc下指令到安卓系统,如果追求响应速度,尽可能无延迟,是不是用安卓模拟器会优于实体的安卓手机?如果是,可以快多少毫秒?
  • ¥20 神经网络Sequential name=sequential, built=False
  • ¥16 Qphython 用xlrd读取excel报错
  • ¥15 单片机学习顺序问题!!
  • ¥15 ikuai客户端多拨vpn,重启总是有个别重拨不上
  • ¥20 关于#anlogic#sdram#的问题,如何解决?(关键词-performance)
  • ¥15 相敏解调 matlab
  • ¥15 求lingo代码和思路
  • ¥15 公交车和无人机协同运输
  • ¥15 stm32代码移植没反应