drdl18946 2010-01-20 22:52
浏览 113
已采纳

什么是PHP的Memcache中的压缩?

On PHP.net I am looking at the Memcache::set function and it has this optional flag to use compression...

Use MEMCACHE_COMPRESSED to store the item compressed (uses zlib).

$memcache_obj->set('var_key',
                   'some really big variable',
                    MEMCACHE_COMPRESSED,
                    50);

I am curious, what would be the benefit of this, just using less space? It seems like this would slow the process down?

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dongweihuai5601 2010-01-21 00:24
    关注

Compressing and decompressing on the servers that are running PHP can be quick -- depending on your network and the load on your servers, it can be quicker than transferring more (not compressed) data to and from the memcached servers via the network.

Compressing your data also means using less memory on the memcached servers.

As often, you have to choose between CPU, network, and RAM -- and you have to take into consideration your servers and network, their load, and available resources, to be able to decide.

What will be the "quickiest" solution in your particular situation ? Only you can tell... And the only way to know is probably by testing both solutions in "real conditions".

Also, memcached entries cannot be bigger than 1 MB ; I suppose, in some ways, that compression can help put entries a bit bigger than 1 MB (when not compressed yet) into memcached.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥100 三相直流充电模块对数字电源芯片在物理上它必须具备哪些功能和性能?
  • ¥30 数字电源对DSP芯片的具体要求
  • ¥20 antv g6 折线边如何变为钝角
  • ¥30 如何在Matlab或Python中 设置饼图的高度
  • ¥15 nginx中的CORS策略应该如何配置
  • ¥30 信号与系统实验:采样定理分析
  • ¥100 我想找人帮我写Python 的股票分析代码,有意请加mathtao