duannao8450 2012-03-23 01:08
浏览 44
已采纳

我应该如何在MS SQL共享服务器环境中对我的数据进行版本控制?

The server is a shared Windows hosting server with Hostgator. We are allowed "unlimited" MS SQL databases and each is allowed "unlimited" space. I'm writing the website in PHP. The data (not the DB schema, but the data) needs to be versioned such that (ideally) my client can select the DB version he wants from a select box when he logs in to the website, and then (roughly once a month) tag the current data, also through a simple form on the website. I've thought of several theoretical ways to do this and I'm not excited about any of them.

1) Put a VersionNumber column on every table; have a master Version table that lists all versions for the select box at login. When tagged, every row without a version number in every table in the db would be duplicated, and the original would be given a version number.

This seems like the easiest idea for both me and my client, but I'm concerned the db would be awfully slow in just a few months, since every table will grow by (at least) its original size every month. There's not a whole lot of data, and there probably never will be, in any one version. But multiplying versions in the same table just scares me.

2) Duplicate the DB every time we tag.

It looks like this would have to be done manually by my client since the server is shared, so I already dislike the idea. But in addition, the old DBs would have to be able to work with the current website code, and as changes are made to the DB structure over time (which is inevitable) the old DBs will no longer work with the new website code.

3) Create duplicate tables (with the version in their name) inside the same database every time we tag. Like [v27_Employee].

The benefit here over idea (1) would be that no table would get humongous in size, allowing the queries to keep up their speed, and over idea (2) it could theoretically be done easily through the simple website tag form rather than manually by my client. The problems are that the queries in my PHP code are going to get all discombobulated as I try to explain which Employee table is joining with which Address table depending upon which version is selected, since they all have the same name, but different; and also that as the code changes, the old DB tables no longer match, same problem as (2).

So, finally, does anyone have any good recommendations? Best practices? Things they did that worked in the past?

Thanks guys.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• douyi3676 2014-12-23 14:57
    关注

What I finally wound up doing was creating a new schema for each version and duplicating the tables and triggers and keys each time the DB is versioned. So, for example, I had this table:

[dbo].[TableWithData]

And I duplicated it into this table in the same DB:

[v1].[TableWithData]

Then, when the user wants to view old tables, they select which version and my code automatically changes every instance of [dbo] in every query to [v1]. It's conceptually fairly simple and the user doesn't have to do anything complicated to version -- just type in "v1" to a form and hit a submit button. My PHP and SQL does the rest.

I did find that some tables had to remain separate -- I made a different schema called [ctrl] into which I put tables that will not be versioned, like the username / password table for example. That way I just duplicate the [dbo] tables.

Its been operational for a year or so and seems to work well at the moment. They've only versioned maybe 4 times so far. The only problem I seem to have consistently that I can't figure out is that triggers seem to get lost somehow. That's probably a problem with my very complex PHP rather than the DB versioning concept itself though.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥40 复杂的限制性的商函数处理
  • ¥15 程序不包含适用于入口点的静态Main方法
  • ¥15 素材场景中光线烘焙后灯光失效
  • ¥15 请教一下各位,为什么我这个没有实现模拟点击
  • ¥15 执行 virtuoso 命令后,界面没有,cadence 启动不起来
  • ¥50 comfyui下连接animatediff节点生成视频质量非常差的原因
  • ¥20 有关区间dp的问题求解