doushichun9409 2014-01-16 07:44
浏览 11
已采纳

PHP Web服务优化和测试方法

I'm working on a web service in PHP which accesses an MSSQL database and have a few questions about handling large amounts of requests.

1. I don't actually know what constitutes 'high traffic' and I don't know if my service will ever experience 'high traffic' but would optimisations in this area be largely attributed to the server processing speed and database access speed?

2. Currently when a request is sent to the server I do the following:

• Open database connection
    • Process Request
    • Return data

Is there anyway I can 'cache' this database connection across multiple requests? As long as each request was processed simultaneously the database will remain valid.

3. Can I store user session id and limit the amount of requests per hour from a particular session?

4. How can I create 'dummy' clients to send requests to the web server? I guess I could just spam send requests in a for loop or something? Better methods?

Thanks for any advice

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• drf97973 2014-01-16 08:16
    关注
    1. You never know when high traffic occurs. High traffic might result from your search engine ranking, a blog writing a post of your web service or from any other unforseen random event. You better prepare yourself to scale up. By scaling up, i don't primarily mean adding more processing power, but firstly optimizing your code. Common performance problems are:

• unoptimized SQL queries (do you really need all the data you actually fetch?)
      • too many SQL queries (try to never execute queries in a loop)
      • unoptimized databases (check your indexing)
      • transaction safety (are your transactions fast? keep in mind that all incoming requests need to be synchronized when calling database transactions. If you have many requests, this can easily lead to a slow service.)
      • unnecessary database calls (if your access is read only, try to cache the information)
      • unnecessary data in your frontend (does the user really need all the data you provide? does your service provide more data than your frontend uses?)
    2. Of course you can cache. You should indeed cache for read-only data that does not change upon every request. There is a useful blogpost on PHP caching techniques. You might also want to consider the caching package of the framework of your choice or use a standalone php caching library.

3. You can limit the service usage, but i would not recommend to do this by session id, ip address, etc. It is very easy to renew these and then your protection fails. If you have authenticated users, then you can limit the requests on a per-account-basis like Google does (using an API key for all their publicly available services per user)

4. To do HTTP load and performance testing you might want to consider a tool like Siege, which exactly does what you expect.

I hope to have answered all your questions.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 有兄弟姐妹会用word插图功能制作类似citespace的图片吗?
  • ¥15 请教:如何用postman调用本地虚拟机区块链接上的合约?
  • ¥15 为什么使用javacv转封装rtsp为rtmp时出现如下问题:[h264 @ 000000004faf7500]no frame?
  • ¥15 乘性高斯噪声在深度学习网络中的应用
  • ¥15 关于docker部署flink集成hadoop的yarn,请教个问题 flink启动yarn-session.sh连不上hadoop,这个整了好几天一直不行,求帮忙看一下怎么解决
  • ¥15 深度学习根据CNN网络模型,搭建BP模型并训练MNIST数据集
  • ¥15 C++ 头文件/宏冲突问题解决
  • ¥15 用comsol模拟大气湍流通过底部加热(温度不同)的腔体
  • ¥50 安卓adb backup备份子用户应用数据失败
  • ¥20 有人能用聚类分析帮我分析一下文本内容嘛