douliaodan2738 2012-07-17 15:03
浏览 60
已采纳

Go中的struct原子比较和交换

I am trying to create a non-blocking queue package for concurrent application using the algorithm by Maged M. Michael and Michael L. Scott as described here.

This requires the use of atomic CompareAndSwap which is offered by the "sync/atomic" package.
I am however not sure what the Go-equivalent to the following pseudocode would be:

E9:   if CAS(&tail.ptr->next, next, <node, next.count+1>)

where tail and next is of type:

type pointer_t struct {
    ptr   *node_t
    count uint
}

and node is of type:

type node_t struct {
    value interface{}
    next  pointer_t
}

If I understood it correctly, it seems that I need to do a CAS with a struct (both a pointer and a uint). Is this even possible with the atomic-package?

Thanks for help!

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• drhwb470572 2012-07-17 16:43
    关注

If I understood it correctly, it seems that I need to do a CAS with a struct (both a > pointer and a uint). Is this even possible with the atomic-package?

No, that is not possible. Most architectures only support atomic operations on a single word. A lot of academic papers however use more powerful CAS statements (e.g. compare and swap double) that are not available today. Luckily there are a few tricks that are commonly used in such situations:

• You could for example steal a couple of bits from the pointer (especially on 64bit systems) and use them, to encode your counter. Then you could simply use Go's CompareAndSwapPointer, but you need to mask the relevant bits of the pointer before you try to dereference it.

• The other possibility is to work with pointers to your (immutable!) pointer_t struct. Whenever you want to modify an element from your pointer_t struct, you would have to create a copy, modify the copy and atomically replace the pointer to your struct. This idiom is called COW (copy on write) and works with arbitrary large structures. If you want to use this technique, you would have to change the next attribute to next *pointer_t.

I have recently written a lock-free list in Go for educational reasons. You can find the (imho well documented) source here: https://github.com/tux21b/goco/blob/master/list.go

This rather short example uses atomic.CompareAndSwapPointer excessively and also introduces an atomic type for marked pointers (the MarkAndRef struct). This type is very similar to your pointer_t struct (except that it stores a bool+pointer instead of an int+pointer). It's used to ensure that a node has not been marked as deleted while you are trying to insert an element directly afterwards. Feel free to use this source as starting point for your own projects.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 三种调度算法报错 有实例
  • ¥15 关于#python#的问题,请各位专家解答!
  • ¥200 询问:python实现大地主题正反算的程序设计,有偿
  • ¥15 smptlib使用465端口发送邮件失败
  • ¥200 总是报错,能帮助用python实现程序实现高斯正反算吗?有偿
  • ¥15 对于squad数据集的基于bert模型的微调
  • ¥15 为什么我运行这个网络会出现以下报错?CRNN神经网络