浏览 29
已采纳

当关闭缓冲通道时,是否应该排空缓冲通道

Given a (partially) filled buffered channel in Go

ch := make(chan *MassiveStruct, n)
for i := 0; i < n; i++ {
    ch <- NewMassiveStruct()
}

is it advisable to also drain the channel when closing it (by the writer) in case it is unknown when readers are going read from it (e.g. there is a limited number of those and they are currently busy)? That is

close(ch)
for range ch {}

Is such a loop guaranteed to end if there are other concurrent readers on the channel?

Context: a queue service with a fixed number of workers, which should drop processing anything queued when the service is going down (but not necessarily being GCed right after). So I am closing to indicate to the workers that the service is being terminated. I could drain the remaining "queue" immediately letting the GC free the resources allocated, I could read and ignore the values in the workers and I could leave the channel as is running down the readers and setting the channel to nil in the writer so that the GC cleans up everything. I am not sure which is the cleanest way.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• doureng5668 2016-03-06 14:44
    关注

There are better ways to achieve what you're trying to achieve. Your current approach can just lead to throwing away some records, and processing other records randomly (since the draining loop is racing all the consumers). That doesn't really address the goal.

What you want is cancellation. Here's an example from Go Concurrency Patterns: Pipelines and cancellation

func sq(done <-chan struct{}, in <-chan int) <-chan int {
        out := make(chan int)
        go func() {
            defer close(out)
            for n := range in {
                select {
                case out <- n * n:
                case <-done:
                    return
                }
            }
        }()
        return out
    }

You pass a done channel to all the goroutines, and you close it when you want them all to stop processing. If you do this a lot, you may find the golang.org/x/net/context package useful, which formalizes this pattern, and adds some extra features (like timeout).

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 真我手机蓝牙传输进度消息被关闭了,怎么打开?(关键词-消息通知)
  • ¥15 下图接收小电路,谁知道原理
  • ¥15 装 pytorch 的时候出了好多问题,遇到这种情况怎么处理?
  • ¥20 IOS游览器某宝手机网页版自动立即购买JavaScript脚本
  • ¥15 手机接入宽带网线,如何释放宽带全部速度
  • ¥30 关于#r语言#的问题:如何对R语言中mfgarch包中构建的garch-midas模型进行样本内长期波动率预测和样本外长期波动率预测
  • ¥15 ETLCloud 处理json多层级问题