dsapkqaduj6718493 2017-03-05 20:53 采纳率: 100%
浏览 65
已采纳

在golang中,超出循环,条件或案例范围的变量会发生什么情况?

Please don't mark this as duplicate question, as this is more specific to golang and requesting advise on some best practice when declaring variables to store large byte arrays when reading from a channel.

Forgive me for this dumb question, but the reason for this question is just my curiosity to determine what could be the best practice on writing a high-performance stream consumer reading large size byte array from multiple channels. (although premature optimization is the root of all evil, this is more of a curiosity). I have read answers about similar senario specific to C here, but I am requesting answer specific to go, as it is a garbage collected language, and their documentation here says "From a correctness standpoint, you don't need to know where the variable is allocated".

If I have the following code to read from a channel,

for {
    select {
    case msg := <-stream.Messages():
    ...snip...

Variable msg is within the scope of the case statement.

• What happens once it goes out of scope of case statement? Since this is declared in the same native function, and the size of stream could be a large byte slice, is the variable going to be stored in heap or stack, and if heap, will it be garbage collected, or does stack pointer comes into picture?
  • Since this is inside an infinite for loop, and the size of stream is a large byte slice, is creating the variable and allocating memory every time an overhead,or should I declare the variable ahead, and keeps on over-writing it in every iteration, so that if there is a garbage collection involved, which I am not sure, I could possibly reduce the garbage?
  • Shouldn't I be bothered about it at all?

Thank you.

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongsou0083 2017-03-05 22:29
    关注

If the channel value type is a slice, the value of the variable msg is just the slice descriptor, which is small (see https://blog.golang.org/go-slices-usage-and-internals). The array that contains the data the slice refers to will have been allocated elsewhere before the slice was placed on the channel. Assuming the value must survive after the function that allocated it returns, it will be on the heap. Note that the contents of the slice are not actually being moved or copied by the channel receive operation.

Once the value of msg becomes unreachable (by the variable going out of scope or being assigned a different value), assuming there are no other references to the array underlying the slice, it will be subject to garbage collection.

It's hard to say whether some amount of optimization would be helpful without knowing more about how the program works.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(1条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 js调用html页面需要隐藏某个按钮
  • ¥15 ads仿真结果在圆图上是怎么读数的
  • ¥20 Cotex M3的调试和程序执行方式是什么样的?
  • ¥20 java项目连接sqlserver时报ssl相关错误
  • ¥15 一道python难题3
  • ¥15 用matlab 设计一个不动点迭代法求解非线性方程组的代码
  • ¥15 牛顿斯科特系数表表示