duangu4980 2018-09-28 17:01
浏览 63
已采纳

高朗的多租户

I'm currently writing a service in Go where I need to deal with multiple tenants. I have settled on using the one database, shared-tables approach using a 'tenant_id' decriminator for tenant separation.

The service is structured like this:

gRPC server -> gRPC Handlers -
                              \_ Managers (SQL)
                              /
HTTP/JSON server -> Handlers -

Two servers, one gRPC (administration) and one HTTP/JSON (public API), each running in their own go-routine and with their own respective handlers that can make use of the functionality of the different managers. The managers (lets call one 'inventory-manager'), all lives in different root-level packages. These are as far as I understand it my domain entities.

In this regard I have some questions:

1. I cannot find any ORM for Go that supports multiple tenants out there. Is writing my own on top of perhaps the sqlx package a valid option?

2. Other services in the future will require multi-tenant support too, so I guess I would have to create some library/package anyway.

3. Today, I resolve the tenants by using a ResolveTenantBySubdomain middleware for the public API server. I then place the resolved tenant id in a context value that is sent with the call to the manager. Inside the different methods in the manager, I get the tenant id from the context value. This is then used with every SQL query/exec calls or returns a error if missing or invalid tenant id. Should I even use context for this purpose?

4. Resolving the tenant on the gRPC server, I believe I have to use the UnaryInterceptor function for middleware handling. Since the gRPC API interface will only be accessed by other backend services, i guess resolving by subdomain is unneccessary here. But how should I embed the tenant id? In the header?

Really hope I'm asking the right questions. Regards, Karl.

• 写回答

1条回答 默认 最新

• douyong1908 2018-09-28 17:44
    关注

I cannot find any ORM for Go that supports multiple tenants out there. Is writing my own on top of perhaps the sqlx package a valid option?

ORMs in Go are a controversial topic! Some Go users love them, others hate them and prefer to write SQL manually. This is a matter of personal preference. Asking for specific library recommendations is off-topic here, and in any event, I don't know of any multi-tenant ORM libraries – but there's nothing to prevent you using a wrapper of sqlx (I work daily on a system which does exactly this).

Other services in the future will require multi-tenant support too, so I guess I would have to create some library/package anyway.

It would make sense to abstract this behavior from those internal services in a way which suits your programming and interface schemas, but there's no further details here to answer more concretely.

Today, I resolve the tenants by using a ResolveTenantBySubdomain middleware for the public API server. I then place the resolved tenant id in a context value that is sent with the call to the manager. Inside the different methods in the manager, I get the tenant id from the context value. This is then used with every SQL query/exec calls or returns a error if missing or invalid tenant id. Should I even use context for this purpose?

context.Context is mostly about cancellation, not request propagation. While your use is acceptable according to the documentation for the WithValue function, it's widely considered a bad code smell to use the context package as currently implemented to pass values. Rather than use implicit behavior, which lacks type safety and many other properties, why not be explicit in the function signature of your downstream data layers by passing the tenant ID to the relevant function calls?

Resolving the tenant on the gRPC server, I believe I have to use the UnaryInterceptor function for middleware handling. Since the gRPC API interface will only be accessed by other backend services, i guess resolving by subdomain is unneccessary here. But how should I embed the tenant id? In the header? [sic]

The gRPC library is not opinionated about your design choice. You can use a header value (to pass the tenant ID as an "ambient" parameter to the request) or explicitly add a tenant ID parameter to each remote method invocation which requires it.

Note that passing a tenant ID between your services in this way creates external trust between them – if service A makes a request of service B and annotates it with a tenant ID, you assume service A has performed the necessary access control checks to verify a user of that tenant is indeed making the request. There is nothing in this simple model to prevent a rogue service C asking service B for information about some arbitrary tenant ID. An alternative implementation would implement a more complex trust-nobody policy whereby each service is provided with sufficient access control information to make its own policy decision as to whether a particular request scoped to a particular tenant should be fulfilled.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥50 如何增强飞上天的树莓派的热点信号强度,以使得笔记本可以在地面实现远程桌面连接
  • ¥15 MCNP里如何定义多个源?
  • ¥20 双层网络上信息-疾病传播
  • ¥50 paddlepaddle pinn
  • ¥20 idea运行测试代码报错问题
  • ¥15 网络监控:网络故障告警通知
  • ¥15 django项目运行报编码错误
  • ¥15 请问这个是什么意思?