douhuigang9550 2016-05-06 18:34
浏览 21
已采纳

高朗猴修补

I understand that if go code is structured such that it's programmed to interfaces, it's trivial to mock; however, I'm working with a code base that I cannot change (that is not mine) and this is not the case.

This code base is heavily interconnected and nothing is programmed to an interface, only structs, so no dependency injection.

The structs, themselves, only contain other structs, so I can't mock out that way either. I don't believe that I can do anything about methods, and the few functions that exist are not variables, so there's no way that I know of to swap them out. Inheritance isn't a thing in golang, so that's a no go as well.

In scripting languages like python, we can modify the objects at runtime, aka monkey patch. Is there something comparable that I can do in golang? Trying to figure out some way to test/benchmark without touching the underlying code.

• 写回答

3条回答 默认 最新

• dshdsh2016 2016-05-06 19:02
    关注

When I have run into this situation my approach is to use my own interface as a wrapper which allows mocking in tests. For example.

type MyInterface interface {
        DoSomething(i int) error
        DoSomethingElse() ([]int, error)
    }

type Concrete struct {
        client *somepackage.Client
    }

func (c *Concrete) DoSomething(i int) error {
        return c.client.DoSomething(i)
    }

func (c *Concrete) DoSomethingElse() ([]int, error) {
        return c.client.DoSomethingElse()
    }

Now you can mock the Concrete in the same way you would mock somepackage.Client if it too were an interface.

As pointed out in the comments below by @elithrar, you can embed the type you want to mock so you are only forced to add methods which need mocking. For example:

type Concrete struct {
        *somepackage.Client
    }

When done like that, additional methods like DoSomethingNotNeedingMocking could be called directly on Concrete without having to add it to the interface / mock it out.

本回答被题主选为最佳回答 , 对您是否有帮助呢?
    评论
查看更多回答(2条)

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥15 matlab实现基于主成分变换的图像融合。
  • ¥15 对于相关问题的求解与代码
  • ¥15 ubuntu子系统密码忘记
  • ¥15 信号傅里叶变换在matlab上遇到的小问题请求帮助
  • ¥15 保护模式-系统加载-段寄存器
  • ¥15 电脑桌面设定一个区域禁止鼠标操作
  • ¥15 求NPF226060磁芯的详细资料