dongyo7931 2017-11-30 15:31
浏览 453

使用gRPC的无缓冲双向数据流:如何获取客户端缓冲区的大小?

I am streaming data from a server to a client and I would like the server not to read and send more data than the client's buffer size.

Given:

service StreamService {
  rpc Stream(stream Buffer) returns (stream Buffer);
}

message Buffer {
  bytes data = 1;
}

My client's program basically looks like:

func ReadFromServer(stream StreamService_StreamClient, buf []byte) (n int, err error) {
  // I actually don't need more than len(buf)...
  // How could I send len(buf) while stream is bidirectional...?
  buffer, err := stream.Recv()
  if err != nil {
     return 0,  err
  }
  n = copy(buf, buffer.Data)
  // buf could also be smaller than buffer.Data...
  return n, nil
}

So how could I send len(buf) while the RPC's stream is bidirectional, i.e. the send direction is used by another independent stream of data? Note that I don't use client or server-side buffering to avoid loosing data when one of them is terminated (my data-source is an I/O).

• 写回答

2条回答 默认 最新

• dongtidai6519 2017-11-30 18:46
    关注

gRPC provides no mechanism for this. It only provides push-back when a sender needs to slow down. But there will still be buffering happening internally and that is not exposed because gRPC is message-based, not byte-based.

There's really only two options in your case:

1. Server chunks responses arbitrarily. The client Recv()s when necessary and any extra is manually managed for later.
    2. The client sends a request asking for a precise amount to be returned, and then waits for the response.

Note that I don't use client or server-side buffering to avoid loosing data when one of them is terminated (my data-source is an I/O).

This isn't how it works. When you do a Send() there is no guarantee it is received when the call returns. When you do a Recv() there is no guarantee that the message was received after the recv call (it could have been received before the call). There is buffering going on, period.

评论

报告相同问题?

悬赏问题

• ¥100 嵌入式系统基于PIC16F882和热敏电阻的数字温度计
  • ¥15 cmd cl 0x000007b
  • ¥20 BAPI_PR_CHANGE how to add account assignment information for service line
  • ¥500 火焰左右视图、视差(基于双目相机)
  • ¥100 set_link_state
  • ¥15 虚幻5 UE美术毛发渲染
  • ¥15 CVRP 图论 物流运输优化
  • ¥15 Tableau online 嵌入ppt失败
  • ¥100 支付宝网页转账系统不识别账号
  • ¥15 基于单片机的靶位控制系统